User Tag List

123 Last

Default Explain* me something: F1 & F3 threads. *or spank

I occasionally peak into Fi & Fe threads, ever since I came to this forum I am seeing the same discussion over and over again, even usually the same few members are discussing it. I didnt invest much time into reading too much of that so I could be wrong.
    So, explain me what's going on in Fi,Fe threads - are they repetitive or am I just missing some progress?
    I dont understand how people dont get bored with talking about that over and over and over and over and over again.

i really want to understand...

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Functions are confusing and hard to define. Also, I'm new.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP

This current one is the first one I've really participated in. (Unless I forgot I did before.) I dunno, Fi has always been inscrutable to me, so I wanted to understand it better. No big mystery.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This current one is the first one I've really participated in.
    you mean mine ?

well maybe i should name this THE NOT FI & FE THREAD.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No, she means EW's thread.

Think about it this way: the people invested in figuring this out use F in some way. F is supposedly the function that makes you understand and get along with others. And somehow, there's a great miscommunication going on coz there are two F languages.

How do you expect people who are invested in communication, not to be curious about this? And try and learn each others language? Which, incidentily, is difficult becoz you push each others buttons without wanting to.

I first didn't parttake in this last one either coz I felt there was no point. But I've found, in the two years I've been here, there's been several Fe and Fi threads and there *has* been progress. I've learned a great deal from them. And everytime, I take some time to mull it over and adjust. I think the others, who are traditional participants in these threads as well, do the same. Which has allowed us to everytime grow towards each other and take one step closer.

This is the first thread where we can actually talk without real mudslinging, or the perception of mudslinging. It was necessary to work past all that frustration before getting down to trusting that the other is really not meaning anything badly by doing those things that annoy the *** out of you normally. I've seen several people going: 'Ok so, what you're saying/doing now would normally set off an allergic reaction, but I'm trying hard to look past that coz *I know* from past experience you don't mean it the way I'm reacting to it. So what *do* you mean, plz tell me! And tell me *why* you put it in that way, that makes me shiver all over. It takes great patience (kinda like learning to consciously control your reflexes) to overcome that, not to mention great willingness and trust.

I'm kinda glad we're finally getting there
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Fe users suck. Other Fi users suck. And I'm the walrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Fe users suck. Fi users suck.
    ey, but everybody else doesnt!! look at the bright side!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    No, she means EW's thread.

Think about it this way: the people invested in figuring this out use F in some way. F is supposedly the function that makes you understand and get along with others. And somehow, there's a great miscommunication going on coz there are two F languages.

How do you expect people who are invested in communication, not to be curious about this? And try and learn each others language? Which, incidentily, is difficult becoz you push each others buttons without wanting to.

I first didn't parttake in this last one either coz I felt there was no point. But I've found, in the two years I've been here, there's been several Fe and Fi threads and there *has* been progress. I've learned a great deal from them. And everytime, I take some time to mull it over and adjust. I think the others, who are traditional participants in these threads as well, do the same. Which has allowed us to everytime grow towards each other and take one step closer.

This is the first thread where we can actually talk without real mudslinging, or the perception of mudslinging. It was necessary to work past all that frustration before getting down to trusting that the other is really not meaning anything badly by doing those things that annoy the *** out of you normally. I've seen several people going: 'Ok so, what you're saying/doing now would normally set off an allergic reaction, but I'm trying hard to look past that coz *I know* from past experience you don't mean it the way I'm reacting to it. So what *do* you mean, plz tell me! And tell me *why* you put it in that way, that makes me shiver all over. It takes great patience (kinda like learning to consciously control your reflexes) to overcome that, not to mention great willingness and trust.

I'm kinda glad we're finally getting there

i am not saying curiousity is bad but it seems repetitive all the time so i am sure it's not but i am missing something bc i see other peoples reactions and they dont see what i see so i am wondering what i am missing

maybe ii should read thread haha and see

but te bitchslap and fe doorslam is interesting.. yes, like all, just dont see why people react to repetitions like its something NEW

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    I occasionally peak into Fi & Fe threads, ever since I came to this forum I am seeing the same discussion over and over again, even usually the same few members are discussing it. I didnt invest much time into reading too much of that so I could be wrong.
    So, explain me what's going on in Fi,Fe threads - are they repetitive or am I just missing some progress?
    I dont understand how people dont get bored with talking about that over and over and over and over and over again. i really want to understand
    Yay! Another Fe/Fi thread! The magic continues!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Naw, I think every time there are different participants. New ideas or examples come out. I got different things out of it this time than I did last time. I also waded in on purpose and initiated some conflict although usually at that point I would just withdraw. I figured though that there would be more good done than bad by stating things more directly and the participants in question would not get all your motherish if I tried that. I've taken away a lot that never occurred to me before when we did this. The distinct absence of Sim also made it much easier to hold a discussion without railery or getting volatile.