User Tag List

12 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default If you are writing a story right now, what are your main characters' types?

I've been doing a roleplay with a friend. It's pretty sloppily written, but it's just fun. I like my main character though. They're an INXJ.

What are your main characters types?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 09-29-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: fixed title typos
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I like using INTJs for some reason.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    I like using INTJs for some reason.
    I tend to like using Ns in my work as well.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ

HMMMM!!!

I think ISTPs are pretty common.

And ENTJs, of course.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

By main characters, I'm assuming you mean the protagonists.

First half of story -

INFP 4w5
    ENFP 7w6
    INTJ 5w4

Second half of story -

INFJ 6w5
    INFP 9w1
    INTP 5w6
    ESTP 3w4
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I tend to like using Ns in my work as well.
    I'm not an avid writer, I've written a couple short stories. One was a horror story where the protagonist and only human character was INTJ. Another was fiction with adventure and romantic undertones. I never mbti'd the two mains but they were probably ISFP and ESFP.

However, I also used to write for table-top rpg's. Probably all of my characters fit into an INTJ or ISTP range.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Hmm. The one I'm working on now?

There is only one 'main' character and he is an entj. Generally, I don't write about such an aggressive personality -- as I've made this particular character an extremely unhealthy entj.

Usually I write characters EXFX. :\ Odd.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    I'm not an avid writer, I've written a couple short stories. One was a horror story where the protagonist and only human character was INTJ. Another was fiction with adventure and romantic undertones. I never mbti'd the two mains but they were probably ISFP and ESFP.

However, I also used to write for table-top rpg's. Probably all of my characters fit into an INTJ or ISTP range.
    You know, I think the way I right is biased somewhat to be near my own type, and I think this is simply because I understand that better and I prefer to be able to relate to my characters. It's something I need to get out of. Once, I tried, just to be different, writing a male ESFJ into a story and I got bored very quickly and couldn't think of how he should be acting. Plus every move I made with him I felt I was acting against myself and it was difficult to do.

This role-play, my characters are

INXJ
    ISFP
    INXP
    and I was thinking of adding an ENFP soon.

I made one before with my characters being

INTX
    ESFP
    ESFP
    ESTP
    ISTP
    ISFJ

And I once wrote a story with an INTP villain (I think, they might have been a J)

and another with an XNTP protagonist and an ESTJ antagonist.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ENTP

Current science-fiction story:

INTP hero
    ENTP villainess of the mad scientist category
    INFP mom of hero
    ISFJ dad of hero
    ESTJ robot (to robotic standards it's actually quite an F)
    INFJ mentor
    ENFP friend of hero
    ESTJ mom of the ENFP (who beats the robot in S and J)

Edit: I'm really trying to cut back on ESTJs. I've got only two of them now as quite important characters, and none of them is the main...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've made a few stories and I'm planning to make a few more.

There is one story I finished. This story is about a cleaner who discovers her lover ate her aunt, while she's being followed by a group of documentary makers who want to make a film about what it's like to be a complete loser. I'm planning to have it filmed, once I find people who are willing to play in it.
    Main character: ISTJ
    Boyfriend: IxFP
    Documentary makers: ESTJ, ESFP and INFP

Now I'm busy writing a novel about a coffee lady whose aggressive husband just died and left her a few million dollars. She gets herself a vacation. During this vacation she helps searching for a friend who turned missing twenty years before. While searching, she meets all kinds of very strange people. She also ends up in dangerous situations, which her 14 year old daughter needs to save her out of.
    Main character: EStP
    Sidekick: ExFP
    Missing friend: ENFP
    Daughter: INTx
    The bad guys: ISFJ and ENTP (gotta love them)

The next project I have is called "Robin". It's about a man and a woman who wear the exact same name and they don't know one another. The man, an artist, has a very hard life. His parents were very young when he was born, they got divorced, his father is an alcoholic, his mother has mental problems of her own, he needs to take care of his hypochrondic stepmother, he can't sell his paintings so he needs to live with his father, and he needs to raise his little brother, because no one else does it. You can imagine he's pretty down, so he gets pills from his shrink that are supposed to keep him happy. When those pills don't work, he ends up in a hell. In the mean time he tries to find things that can keep him happy. The woman is a pizza delivery girl, who hates people and fucks up all contact she has with other people. The only friend she has, is a junkie who lives under a bridge, whom she constantly speaks French to for no reason and tells they're not actual friends. In the end one of these two people dies. This helps the other person manage getting their life in order.
    Female Robin: xNTJ
    Male Robin: INFP

Then I also have a story about an old woman who gets kidnapped, so a television station that's doomed to go bankrupt can get some extra viewers. This old woman turns into a huge cult sensation.
    Old woman: ESFP

And the last one is a story about five rich girls who get in financial problems and start a maffia organisation, so they can keep living their luxurious lives.
    Rich girl 1: ISTJ
    Rich girl 2: ESFP
    Rich girl 3: INTP
    Rich girl 4: ISTP
    Rich girl 5: ENFP
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.