First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MBTI Enthusiast View Post
    Brenda could also go far since she is so charming. I think she may be a Thinker, though, since she always seems to be cool, confident, and collect. I hope the merging of the tribes makes things more interesting!
    Yeah Brenda has charisma. I still having a hard time figuring her type.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think Brenda is eSFP. I don't think she made a wise choice in the tribe split selection.

As to booting Tyrone, that appeared a poor choice for the tribe too. Even in modern times its funny to see how, especially men, become threatened potential other leaders/alpha males to the point of apparently cutting into their own "survival" interests to alleviate these primitive concerns.

One of the less likable tribes. Of all the members I hope Fabio makes it. He just might be able by flying under the radar and avoiding the leadership trap.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I can't stand Jud (Fabio). I can't stand NaOnka. I can't stand Holly. I even hated Jimmy Johnson before they got rid of him. Jimmy T's insecurity drives me nuts. And Shannon was a dick.

I don't know... I just don't think I'm going to like this season. There seems to be a lot of heels (characters you're supposed to hate), and not too many people who you're really supposed to root for. Past seasons always had outstanding favorites that stood out. People like Yau-man, Rupert, Colby... It's like ever since Russell redefined the 'villain' role, they're just trying to fill up the island with confrontational assholes.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm rooting for the girl from my town.

I forgot her name...Jillian was it!

I don't know if she left or not though...I have trouble keeping up with the tele.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post

ESTJ - NaOnka
    She seriously reminded me of a troubled ISFP friend I had...actually, her exact mannerisms and everything in one episode were so freaking similar it freaked me out.

figsfiggyfigs

poor, naive, sweet chase, made me momentarily think I liked feelers.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I can't stand Jud (Fabio). I can't stand NaOnka. I can't stand Holly. I even hated Jimmy Johnson before they got rid of him. Jimmy T's insecurity drives me nuts. And Shannon was a dick.

I don't know... I just don't think I'm going to like this season. There seems to be a lot of heels (characters you're supposed to hate), and not too many people who you're really supposed to root for. Past seasons always had outstanding favorites that stood out. People like Yau-man, Rupert, Colby... It's like ever since Russell redefined the 'villain' role, they're just trying to fill up the island with confrontational assholes.
    Jud (Fabio) doesn't bother me too much... on my TV. He's just a goofy kid. But I do think that the show's tended to try to guarantee at least one hatable asshole lately... and they do that by casting several just in case some don't last. Then they overexpose the ones who make it, thinking that people will "love to hate" some of these folks. What usually happens however (Russell, for instance) is that people just simply HATE them.

I think part of it's just the evolution of the show -- or rather the producers' idea of the evolution of the show. At first, it was about people being put into a weird situation, and focused more on the challenges and (relatively) normal people put into an interesting circumstance. But it's been on a long time now... and there's definitely some "same old thing" going on... which if you like it isn't bad. But I think they've been trying to "spice it up", which unfortunately makes fans of the show put up with watching people like Russell, NaOnka, Shannon, Corinne, etc. on a show that we otherwise like.

I mean... in the early seasons, the "unlikable" people tended to be cantankerous or annoying, maybe frat-boy arrogant. Now we get people who refer to others as "stupid bitches" and rant about how much they'd like to burn prostheses in the fire. Maybe it's editing, but I don't think so. Makes me sad to say it, but I think it's casting desperation (as the recent trend to get a larger and larger proportion of the players from recruiting via casting agents, and not sent-in tape submissions). That's why I wasn't happy to see Jimmy Johnson cast. I actually liked him on the show (better than I thought I would), but casting "celebrities" is a step in the wrong direction.

Who I like: Brenda, Chase, Jill, Jud (Fabio)
    Who I dislike: NaOnka, Shannon

Most of the others haven't made a big impression on me (yet).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    What usually happens however (Russell, for instance) is that people just simply HATE them.
    I disagree that people just hated him. I think people loved to hate him. I think they're trying to find a Russell v2.0 but it's not going to happen. Then again, maybe I am biased because I want to marry Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I mean... in the early seasons, the "unlikable" people tended to be cantankerous or annoying, maybe frat-boy arrogant. Now we get people who refer to others as "stupid bitches" and rant about how much they'd like to burn prostheses in the fire.
    I hate to say it, but maybe given the success of shows like Jersey Shore.... They're trying to move in that direction. That would make me sad.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I disagree that people just hated him. I think people loved to hate him. I think they're trying to find a Russell v2.0 but it's not going to happen. Then again, maybe I am biased because I want to marry Russell.

I hate to say it, but maybe given the success of shows like Jersey Shore.... They're trying to move in that direction. That would make me sad.
    I don't know... I've been a long-time Survivor forum-reader, and most of what I saw was people who just flat-out hated him... numerous ones just gave up on last year's seasons because they couldn't stand to watch him -- at a level that I'd never seen before with prior "villains". Granted, my forum of choice is a pretty small population all things considered, but there was a substantial population who just couldn't *stand* him. I know I'd have preferred to watch the show without him, whereas earlier villain-types like Coach, Lex, or Hatch were a foil to those I liked. Even Fairplay, the previous uber-detestable player, had nothing on Russell. Part of that was "The Russell Show" style of editing, but not all.

But yeah, stunt-casting is heading in the wrong direction, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I remember reading a lot of people that loved him. Or that weren't sure if they liked him, but found him entertaining. Hell, I just looked for the old Heroes/Samoa threads on here and this is the first post: "Easily one of the BEST seasons ever, for one reason: Russel! I freakin love this dude."

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...vor-samoa.html

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I tend to agree that most fans either loved or loved to hate Russell. Besides that I tend to agree with what Kelric said. Its like several "high focus" (i.e. crazy attention whore assholes") individuals to catch the "lime light" mixed with a bland group of folks (including some sexy as well as not so sexy but dumb/quiet/or uninteresting indiv individuals). This makes the editors and filmers get lazy.

In other words instead of making it a more natural/holistic atmosphere with real people (but mixed with great film coverage and editing). Its kinda become a contrived hack job (and likely not spending as much to produce either).

Regardless it is still worth watching and hopefully it will improve as the group is widdled down.