User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    1. girls who wear dresses every day and then go on to bitch about how in a essay, the writer only used "he" instead of "she". If you want to be a feminist, stop shaving your legs and armpits and join a rugby team.
    Is this a joke?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Is this a joke?
    ....No?
    This chick was SERIOUSLY offended that a writer only used the word "he" throughout his essay. I don't see what the big deal is, especially if she is going to play into the 1950's role of women (which she gladly does). You can't have it both ways.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique;
    ....No?
    This chick was SERIOUSLY offended that a writer only used the word "he" throughout his essay. I don't see what the big deal is, especially if she is going to play into the 1950's role of women (which she gladly does). You can't have it both ways.
    Wearing dresses is playing into the 1950s role of women? Which decade will it be when women can wear whatever they like and shave whatever they prefer to shave?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    ....No?

You don't see what the big deal is because you're a dude who enjoys the privilege of "human" == "man". Sexism is very real, even in 2010, I absolutely assure you. Feminism is nothing more than women being seen as an equal human.

You're pissed off that women are asserting that they should be regarded as an equal. And saying that if she wants to claim this "privilege" of being an equal, she needs to look a certain way, namely, she has to be unattractive to you instead of being the version of herself she wants to be, because she "can't have it both ways." That's ridiculous.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ----

vieamemusique's post has the potential to piss me off, but i'm going to let it flow through me....hmmmmmmmmm....

- call centres . after punching all these numbers with inane options and waiting i then have to then speak to an idiot who doesn't know their arse from their elbow. then i got transferred to different idiots and idiots' supervisors. i just called because those frequent flyer points balance emails stopped hitting my inbox every month and i find them useful. please just fix and stop talking, kthxbye.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

These are a few things that maybe only the Australians here will relate to.

1. Ready Steady Cook, esp. the host.
    2. Andrew O'Keefe

3. Rivers advertising
    Likes N/A liked this post

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I'd also like to add to my list the finale of Skins season 4... Just the finale, not Skins.
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ----

maddy, your list speaks to me, but i think andrew o'keefe is hilarious - in a deranged way.

i once saw that ready steady cook host guy in bondi. he was wearing one of these hats and looked like a tragic botox incident.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

People who confuse being rude with being blunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

You don't see what the big deal is because you're a dude who enjoys the privilege of "human" == "man". Sexism is very real, even in 2010, I absolutely assure you. Feminism is nothing more than women being seen as an equal human.

You're pissed off that women are asserting that they should be regarded as an equal. And saying that if she wants to claim this "privilege" of being an equal, she needs to look a certain way, namely, she has to be unattractive to you instead of being the version of herself she wants to be, because she "can't have it both ways." That's ridiculous.
    ...I'm a girl.