User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is your father?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFP

3 2.91%
  • ISFP

2 1.94%
  • ESTP

6 5.83%
  • ISTP

13 12.62%
  • ENFP

3 2.91%
  • INFP

2 1.94%
  • ENFJ

3 2.91%
  • INFJ

3 2.91%
  • ESFJ

1 0.97%
  • ISFJ

4 3.88%
  • ESTJ

12 11.65%
  • ISTJ

20 19.42%
  • ENTP

8 7.77%
  • INTP

13 12.62%
  • ENTJ

1 0.97%
  • INTJ

7 6.80%
  • I don't know.

2 1.94%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ESTP
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

i think he was INTP, but i didnt know him well.

NP was sure. and he wasnt ENFP, i think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

I'm realizing more and more that it seemed my fathers most possible type would be INFP. Looked into ISFP but tertiary Si all the way just like me. That and Fi/Ne is where I sensed a save place to go when I needed to talk or ask for an opinion. Very deep person but wouldn't see this so easy it's like a silent deep ocean. So much depth but he was so still and accepting. I also believe he was a type 9 for many reasons . Funny he's the only one who made it seem okay to have imagination. Would make funny comments and acknowledge my love of being in my head/imaginative . That really changed me and made me feel normal to be myself.

What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My Father is a Type-A hostile ESTJ retired U.S. Army Colonel.

He is by far the most honorable and dutiful man I have ever met.

There was no doubt who the man of the house was, but he provided for us all and gave me guidance as I needed it.

He is my role model in many ways, my work ethic, optimistic attitude, certainly in the manner that I provide for my family, and how I have planned for positive outcomes in my life.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

ESTP
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My ESTP half-Injun step-grandpa. He wasn't particularly reliable, but we adored each other.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

ISXJ.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Probably ISTJ.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

My father's not around to ask, but he was INTJ, most likely. He wasn't really around or much of an influence though, as my parents divorced when I was about three and he died when I was 7.

More present (shortly afterwards to early teens) was a stepfather who I'd guess was an Se dom, most likely ESTP. Unfortunately, said stepfather possessed all the negative and unhealthy attributes of the type and no positive ones whatsoever that I recollect, of any type. Cheating, lying, self-indulgent, shallow, violent, vindictive, unstable, alcoholic, malicious "qualities" come most forcefully to mind, and seem to resonate most strongly in the minds of others who had the misfortune to experience the creature as well, though there might well be other equally unappealing ones that the passage of time has dimmed. Even my mother admits now that the thing was a mistake, which is saying quite something. IT was therefore no so much an influence, as an unpleasantness to be avoided as much as possible, and where contact of some kind was unavoidable, disregarded.

As may by now be gathered, I didn't really have a "father figure" when I was young, or even anything very close to it. But I'm not sure that's really so important as popular psychology likes to presume. One works with what one has, and learns to deal.
    Last edited by ragashree; 09-28-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP

I think ISTP.
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche