User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is your mother?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFP

4 7.14%
  • ISFP

4 7.14%
  • ESTP

1 1.79%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENFP

3 5.36%
  • ENFJ

6 10.71%
  • INFP

3 5.36%
  • INFJ

6 10.71%
  • ESFJ

9 16.07%
  • ISFJ

15 26.79%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

4 7.14%
  • ENTP

1 1.79%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Intuitive-spawning Sensors. How curious.
    Mine was a Sensor-spawning Intuitive!

She's INFJ... When we're getting along it's good.... When we're fighting, it's down right ugly.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

My observation was that a lot of mothers tend to be SFJs. Turns out to be correct. Not surprising. SJs have that maternal/paternal instinct, it's like a duty to porcreate and raise a family. They make good nurturers, SFJs in particular, and their are more female Fs than male Fs. The fathers one also fits, as there are more male Ts and the largest result was ISTJ.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ENFP...we're a lot alike, but it's really obvious at times to notice our Fi-Ti differences, which causes a lot of arguing and fighting (which I win, of course).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    My observation was that a lot of mothers tend to be SFJs. Turns out to be correct. Not surprising. SJs have that maternal/paternal instinct, it's like a duty to porcreate and raise a family. They make good nurturers, SFJs in particular, and their are more female Fs than male Fs. The fathers one also fits, as there are more male Ts and the largest result was ISTJ.

ISFJ/ISTJ has already been shown to statistically comprise a large-sized demographic, so just by statistics alone there are going to be more parents of these types.

ISFJ + ISTJ = 20-28% of the population
    INFJ + INTJ = 3-7% of the population

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus, the personality traits basically are perfectly suited to create a small stable pocket world in which to raise kids. It's not surprising.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ISFJ/ISTJ has already been shown to statistically comprise a large-sized demographic, so just by statistics alone there are going to be more parents of these types.

ISFJ + ISTJ = 20-28% of the population
    INFJ + INTJ = 3-7% of the population

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus, the personality traits basically are perfectly suited to create a small stable pocket world in which to raise kids. It's not surprising.
    Yeah, but why look up statistics when you can create your own?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    Mine was a Sensor-spawning Intuitive!

She's INFJ... When we're getting along it's good.... When we're fighting, it's down right ugly.
    Pretty much this.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

IxFJ

I've had her take 2 different tests and she's come out as an ENFJ and an ISFJ. I'd say she's introverted because she gets pissed when she's around people for too long. If we're at the grocery store, she will leave all the stuff she was going to buy in the cart and just leave. It's bizarre to me really.

As for whether or not she's an N or S is beyond me. But she's way too assertive and in your face to be an ISFJ. So really, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    ENFJ. So I know what a batshit crazy one of my kind can be like lol.. and what to try to avoid.
    ENFJ. Seriously. Craziness aside, she works really hard all the time, has a lot of energy, means well and ... yeah, she means ... well.

My Fi and her Fe really, really conflicts the most. She's extremely anxious and loud and emotionally chaotic. Her Ni makes her extremely irrational. I may get chaotic at times internally but externally, I prefer calmness, tranquility and I need other people to be calm, rational, tranquil. She goes off in these really loud, hurtful rants sometimes. She sacrifices a lot and doesn't know how to be good to herself, so she doesn't quite know how to be good to others. She's very resentful. The only way I can deal with her is just shut her off, disconnect myself from her and when she doesn't understand something, just give her the silent treatment until she gives up. My ISTJ brother and I both have serious issues with her, him more than me these days now that we are older because he's not empathic. When he was younger, he did everything he was asked and followed the rules and I was the crazy rebellious child. But my empathy allows me to understand her a bit more and try to...sometimes I am forced to switch parent-child roles, it's really messed up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I think you can explain most of that trend with the known statistics. Your thread reminded me however that I seem to go against the trend with my father-INFJ/mother-ENTP combination.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hardcore ISTJ
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ