User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is your mother?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFP

4 7.14%
  • ISFP

4 7.14%
  • ESTP

1 1.79%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENFP

3 5.36%
  • ENFJ

6 10.71%
  • INFP

3 5.36%
  • INFJ

6 10.71%
  • ESFJ

9 16.07%
  • ISFJ

15 26.79%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

4 7.14%
  • ENTP

1 1.79%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

My Mother seems to be ESFJ.

She's massive Fe overload. Always doing things to please others, putting them ahead of her needs even if it makes her miserable, she just wants them to be included/happy. Even sometimes refusing to see how much she is enabling them by fostering this approach imho.

But she's an amazing person and I'm glad to have her as my mother. She has taught me something as well even if it didn't come easy. I think we both taught each other something and because of that we have a very solid relationship of understanding now. Sometimes there's moments where she really gets at me LOL! and I to her but in the end we always work it out. Before it wasn't this way as we were not so good with communication. We'd more get each other upset and not understand what was happening or why.

What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I have one of those too, so I know exactly how you feel. Eeeevil! And where not actively evil, still bordering on the certifiable...

Interestingly my maternal creature would probably think she was some variety of ExFP, though others have no trouble recognising her Fe-ish tendencies at all. Come to think of it, I got her to do a test once, and she resolutely tried to avoid identifying with what she saw as negative "J" attributes, because she didn't believe she was like that, even though anyone who knew her well would have not the slightest hesitation in attributing them to her, in spades. Unhealthy Fe dominance = lack of self knowledge + wishful thinking dominating perceptions?

Most likely.
    I actually tried to deny my mother's type, but she seemed solid with the ENFJ label and I do see her Fe at work far more than my own :kicks dirt:.
    Your assessment seems pretty correct

I was a bit backwards when I looked into my type. I saw the positive traits of ENFJ and wanted to cling to ENFPness. Then I read into the negative ENFJ traits and felt right at home.

My Mothra does this thing where she'll offer up her help at the end of an event and after she'll complain about how she really needed to go and can't be expected to stay and help all of the time. Ever had encounters with this?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ISFJ.

I've had issues with my mom, as noted elsewhere on the forum. She's all heart, no head -- not a great combination, because I typically wanted to be autonomous when I was young and take care of myself, and the way that she makes decisions and my way is very different. I can usually understand why she does something, but I think I am still just one big question mark to her.

She also doesn't think long-term, big-picture, and if someone is hurting in the Now, she wants to fix it and considers it "morally wrong" to let that hurt continue... whereas I see pain as necessary for higher growth, and sometimes there are just painful roads that people HAVE to walk regardless, there's nothing moral or immoral about it. So we work at cross-purposes sometimes, and it's frustrating. She can believe things she was taught that I think make no sense, and she can be gullible at times, and she can be fearful of conflict and thus not take a stand when I think she should.

But some of that -- she was a middle child, raised as a "good Christian girl" by country Baptists, and her patriarchal father never taught her how to think for herself and instead taught her to do just what she was told, so it was a slap in her face when she got married and had to deal with a non-religious addict...

And she always provided for my physical needs growing up, and she paid off my tuition for me after I graduated, and she's been good to my kids, and despite some really hurtful things that occurred in our relationship the last number of years, she's recently been making choices that I know have been hard for her, without even being able to understand what's going on... she's done it simply out of love for me... so...

... that's my mom. If I didn't love her, the problems we've had wouldn't hurt me so much; and when she's had health issues, I find myself torn up about it because I don't want to lose her and I find myself doing things to take care of her or make sure she's okay.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ISTJ

we are completely opposite.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ESFJ

She and I don't get along well for a number of reasons that I'm not going to rehash in this thread (having hashed out extensively on INTPc and well as here). Suffice to say that our relationship right now is weak at best, which upsets her to no end.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Intuitive-spawning Sensors. How curious.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ESFJ, I think. I'm happiest when we aren't talking and right now I'm happy. I was concieved and fed, and she loves me in her own very special way, I'll give her that. She's kind of lost in her own self-centric universe and is oblivious to everything else.

She is absolutely convinced that once I begged and begged to buy high tops when I was a kid, and then hated them when they were finally purchased. That was in fact my brother. She also is convinced that I don't know how to ride a bike, which I did learn when I was 10 or something. I don't know if one of my brothers don't know how to ride, or if it's just a 'fact' to her to support her perception of me.

Right now she has decided to return to being a Jehovah's Witness, and isn't talking to me after I offended her by metaphorically referring to myself as a devil worshiper in a heated conversation.

She had left the JWs years ago, and apologized for what troubles they had put me through. Since then she has decided that her family hasn't been giving her enough attention and has convenietly forgot about her apologies to me, and the rest of my family including my sister who had it worse than everybody, and has assured me that the JW's are reponsible for everything good I have right now. *sigh* I don't think she's capable of ever coming around.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Intuitive-spawning Sensors. How curious.
    ...we had to come from somewhere.

(I personally think I am a changeling switched at birth, and somewhere in Fey land, there's a really unhappy disgruntled ISTJ who thinks her fairy parents are nutjobs.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ESFJ. She's talking to me about family stuff right now actually.

and reminiscing on life stories she's already told me 1000 times each. I forget if I'm out in the open for too long and strike up a conversation it will mostly turn into a 30 minute-too-long talk about her childhood stories. :|

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    ESFJ...reminiscing on life stories she's already told me 1000 times each. :|
    Gawd yes.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good