User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

closest friends are born the same year, im 24 next month, i got two friends(not so close) who arent that close who are 33(but they are the type of people who seem pretty young mentally for their age) and one bit closer who is 27(or maybe he was 26), youngest are 22
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by suchirony View Post
    I've always tended to gravitate towards older age friends. One of my good friends is almost 20 years older than I. If we share similar interests and can have good conversations together, who cares?

I've always related better to people older than myself. Maybe its a maturity thing.
    Ditto everything.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I would say keep an open mind. You may meet some people who are younger than you, but there is an undeniable (friend) chemistry.

I met my BFF when I was 18 and she was 29...we have been great friends for 17 years now. I met another one of my good friends when she was 21 and I was 29 and we have been tight for six years now.

I would say to try to let go of any preconceived notions...you might pass a great friend by.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    So, I will have to restart school because after finishing 2+ years of medicine i dont want to continue, so i will have to start college from starts.
    I am mostly worried about people being 4-5 years younger than me, not all, but i guess 80% of them will be 4 yrs younger.
    I am 23, while I feel younger than I am 2-3 yrs, 19 year olds can be too young form me.
    Not yet, but when I'll be 27 they'll be 23... i dunno.

am i overreacting ?

I figured 3 yrs difference (20y.o.) isnt noticable with me at all, but 19 or 18.. that could be.

i dont want to listen HS stories again.
    Go to school to learn.. making friends is just gravy. Age is arbitrary.

Friendship is built on shared values and interests, not age.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Go to school to learn.. making friends is just gravy. Age is arbitrary.
    I am actually going to school to get shinny paper and cute hat after 3 years, but get your point.

and it's not about individual people, my youngest friend is 18 oldest is 38, it's about group of 18/19 y.o.'s [that i was concerned]

it's also that i dont feel like going but i have to get diploma.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am actually going to school to get shinny paper and cute hat after 3 years, but get your point.

and it's not about individual people, my youngest friend is 18 oldest is 38, it's about group of 18/19 y.o.'s [that i was concerned]

it's also that i dont feel like going but i have to get diploma.

I see your point.. Even at 23, I can see how a large group of 18-19 year olds would have the potential to drain even the most mighty E types

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Nah, I am not anxious how it will be, i am just tired of school, I dont feel like going to school at all tbh, it's boring, but I have to bc of my career. I feel like I gave too much to school already anways. I mean in ONLY 1 SEMESTER of medicine i studied more than ALL my friends I know in in other colleges (like journalism, psychology, communications etc.) in 3-5 YEARS!
    I just dont have any f'in paper.
    Oh okay that explains much more about where you are. Education systems are constructed as a very TJ'ish modality of learning, and rarely accommodates NF sensibility. Hardly accounts for much in the way of imagination either I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Oh okay that explains much more about where you are. Education systems are constructed as a very TJ'ish modality of learning, and rarely accommodates NF sensibility. Hardly accounts for much in the way of imagination either I have to say.
    i feel like working, maybe not now full time, but in 2 years..

i tried to transfer now to psych, but just found out yesterday they dont let me until fucking fall 2011, so add 1 more yr to my old-ness.

so i'll be over when at 26 almost 27...

ah i am counting on that psychology is quite easy school, and some credits will transfer [though i still have to wait 1yr, and i wont be able to finish it earlier even though 45/60 from first yr will transfer, how stupid], so i'll be able to work next to it. because i have many ideas but it's hard to put them at work before i get any paper.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I have the same problem actually. I want to study kind of to force myself to interact with all kinds of people again, but I'm 24 now and I'd have 18 year olds in my class!

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I have the same problem actually. I want to study kind of to force myself to interact with all kinds of people again, but I'm 24 now and I'd have 18 year olds in my class!
    well i dont want to study bc of that, i want just get bachelor's degree.

part of medicine i finished could be transferred to US and i could finish it quite quickly, but i dont have money of course, especially out of state tuition.

and dont complain: among 18 y.o.'s u'll find many virgins.