User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've always tended to gravitate towards older age friends. One of my good friends is almost 20 years older than I. If we share similar interests and can have good conversations together, who cares?

I've always related better to people older than myself. Maybe its a maturity thing.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I was young, I identified with adults.

Now that I'm getting into middle years, I actually identify with people in their 20's and 30's.

I think it's more just a state of mind and perspective, as well as "life stage."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

I usually have friends that are younger, but i do have a few friends that are older. but generally we're all only a year or 2 apart.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I've got quite the age range... When I returned to school to work towards a different degree (27 years old) I was in classes with people from 18 - 45 years of age... Now that I've transferred my credits to a private university I'm taking classes online with people that are mostly 25-45 years old and already working full-time.

The youngest I hang out with is 18. It's my future brother-in-law. He loves to hang out with me and my fiance. I'm 29, fiance is 31. So , that's quite the gap. I give him credit, he's more mature than his 22 year old brother. Aside from my matron of honor, everyone in my bridal party is at least three years younger than me. My closest friend and confidant is 42. She's like a big sister to me. I can talk to her about anything, and most of the time she's been through it before and can provide me with some advice and guidance on how to handle it.

figsfiggyfigs

well.. Its more about maturity lever. A lot of adults are still adolescent teens mentally.
    I will only put the age of my best friends in here since i don't care for any other acquaintanceship.

I'm 22.
    My Best friends, one by one:

19, 22, 23, 26, 34

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've never hung around someone who wasn't within 4 years of my age, and if kicked it with a lot of people because of weed. Very different, diverse pack. Even in school id gravitate to folks my age or older. Anyone younger I become more apparent of my age if its not a girl I'm interested in, and I become blinded to all those qualities from the jump. Case in point being that now that I'm a bit older, but still look pretty damn young, I have to start asking ages of girls when I see them because the rationale of my memory indicates that "Just because they look young means they are..."

So I've accidently flirted with 17 year olds and had to escape the conversation skillfully, straying to more comfortable topics such as, "Oh yeah? I remember senior year. I never was at school because of work. Speaking of which...Look at the time, I got some work to do. No, I'm ok, I don't need your # - I'll call you when I need a babysister. See ya"

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    well.. Its more about maturity lever. A lot of adults are still adolescent teens mentally.
    I will only put the age of my best friends in here since i don't care for any other acquaintanceship.

I'm 22.
    You look hella young for 22. I would've guessed, tops, 19. People often mistake me for 17. Age does hold a lot of weight in perception. If I cut this peach fuzz off my chin it'd be worse. I've had folks talk slower to me simply because they don't know how old I am, and I'm playing the quiet role. Also, there is the chain of command. The older you are, the more you are expected to know, do, and be respected for such inheritely.

At least that is the status quo. In real life application, shit doesn't go down like that. I've been surrounded in class rooms, groups, and kicking it, with people older and I've done a lot of explaining things, while holding many different life experiences for them to learn from.

Often though, I get this nudge in me not to say anything because their older, their lives are probably filled with the same stories.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I've always had friends who were at least three or four years older than me. I have a few who are in their thirties who I have more of a bond with than anyone near my age. I think it's mostly a mental thing.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    haha thanks good to know

actually the happiest time in my life was HS, i had so much fun then, after that i got to med school where people are grown ups silly-less from kindergarten. maybe i need 19 year olds around myself hahaha.
    Oh yeah, I started drinking and socializing a lot more, playing silly games and pranks and generally being fun and fancy free. It was wonderful. I think I enjoyed it all the more because I had the maturity, worldliness and self-confidence I didn't possess when I actually was 18; plus its actually a choice so you can switch the silly on and off. It feels like the best of both worlds.

That said, some of us older ones would get together and collectively shake our heads now and then.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

If you are assuming that there is going to be a disparity between you and your peers as you return for more fun with studies then its out of anxiety. Not to whether you'll fit in of the social age, you will resoundingly well might I add, but to your own base apprehension that you don't know what to expect. Would there be an ebbing generational misstep somewhere.

I thought about it like this for a long while after I bummed out and went down the road of incompleteness in my studies. Imagines all the generations of peeps who get through such and such studies each term I'm missing out on the fun, snore. Why do I feel a sudden sense of unease going back there, it doesn't make sense when the peers I knew have left and people who don't know any better than you are restocked like clock work to do what your going to do. The only difference is you'll be slightly wiser, more experienced and a lot more ready to explore ideas. Differences in ages hardly matters, it might initially, I can understand that but in general its more about the apprehension of the inner turmoil than the outer extension of being out of identity with trends.

ah, i'd be soon over with college if the system here isnt seriously fucked up and you cant switch "majors", you cant pick classes, cant enroll on semesters only on whole yr in fall and cant transfer any credits.
    i'll probably be unable to enroll even now will have to wait for fucking 1 yr more, awesome.
    this is why even though the school is mostly free here, only 7% people finish college.

few yrs ago I switched from Med school after 1 yr to Math, i wanted to go back in 3 months (over summer so i wasnt even absent for 3months it was holiday), but i couldnt i needed to re-take entrance exam next summer, something like SAT, so ... i did it and got in, and then planned to go directly to 2nd yr, i was expecting it wont be a problem bc i finished all courses from the 1st year.
    But they didnt let me. they made me wait the whole another year pass ONLY for paperwork, i didnt have ANY EXAMS left from first yr. I didnt even have to SHOW UP that yr on college, just wait year (actually it was 22 MONTHS, bc i wanted to go back in December and only in Oct 2 yrs later I started 2nd yr)!! So I lost 2 yrs only for switching to Math!
    it's bc when i switched to Math they considered me like I never was officially part of Med school.

if i continue i'll make this into my blog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post

And those 18-19 year-olds might surprise you. You will most likely gravitate towards people based on similar interests and age really has nothing to do with that as long as there is maturity or the willingness to at least develop towards it. And those who don't have it yet won't be a problem if you don't let them be a problem for you.
    thanks. well, i am going for psychology so i guess at least many people will be Ns. in medicine huge majority of people are STJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But really, there's all level of kids. Even with my three teens, one acts 10+ years older than his age, the other acts a few years younger, and my daughter looks older but acts slightly older than her age. You should be able to find some people you can identify with.

Yes, definitely the older one gets, too, the less four years means. It's just particularly sharp there because of the huge difference between college and high school in terms of life independence.
    yeah, after 1 yr in college it's very hard to see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse
    If you are assuming that there is going to be a disparity between you and your peers as you return for more fun with studies then its out of anxiety. Not to whether you'll fit in of the social age, you will resoundingly well might I add, but to your own base apprehension that you don't know what to expect. Would there be an ebbing generational misstep somewhere.

Nah, I am not anxious how it will be, i am just tired of school, I dont feel like going to school at all tbh, it's boring, but I have to bc of my career. I feel like I gave too much to school already anways. I mean in ONLY 1 SEMESTER of medicine i studied more than ALL my friends I know in in other colleges (like journalism, psychology, communications etc.) in 3-5 YEARS!
    I just dont have any f'in paper.