User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I have a friend 25-26 years older than me from school.
    i am not bothered by individuals, but group of 19 y.o.'s... i dont know. looking few yrs ago, i cant say i am much different than at 19.

i have 2 friends who are 19 and 18, and they are both more mature than me in many ways, but one of them coupled with her 19 y.o. friends ->> i notice a difference.

i am also kinda afraid of being around 19 and 20 year old guys, i fall for them quite a lot, and they are usually immature still haha. i cant resist "young meat".

i sound old. damn.

haha

but did you notice the skin of 20 year old guy and 23 year old ? it's different

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Hmm.....I have friends of many ages. I relate best to people in their early to mid 30s - strange, since I am 26 - but I don't find myself hanging out with people of those ages a lot.

I actually have a lot of friends in their early 20s lately - which is weird and it makes me feel old, but there are a few other people in my age group who are a part of that circle. Several of them are pretty mature and intelligent and so if I did not know their age, I don't think I would feel old. Mindsets tend to be more important to me than experience though.

Generally, all of my female friends are my age or a bit older - I think it's due to the emotional relating that are the foundation to our relationships. With my guy friends, it's more about common interests, so emotional development is not as important there.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I actually have a lot of friends in their early 20s lately - which is weird and it makes me feel old.
    this is also my concern lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Oh ok.... that's what I get for skimming a thread again. To be honest, they annoy me a lot too and I'm only 20 going on 21...but still there are some cool ones. Why not make friends with the upperclassmen?
    i dunno how it's like there but we take classes only with our year, so i'll be grouped only with freshmen, or sophomores (if i transfer to 2nd year which isnt v likely)

is it not possible to be friends with people /outside/ your class?
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    i dunno how it's like there but we take classes only with our year, so i'll be grouped only with freshmen, or sophomores (if i transfer to 2nd year which isnt v likely)
    How old are you?
    Oh, its
    You

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    is it not possible to be friends with people /outside/ your class?
    it is but i'll be spending a lot hours with these kids.

MBTI
    INTJ

I found myself mostly friendless after a long term relationship ending about two years ago.

I adopted my younger brother's social circle, he's 3 years my junior.

Initially there were some hiccups, many people had trouble divining just what kind of person I was because of the difference in age and how it translated into style and behavior.

After a few months everything was fine though, I found the people who I liked and those who I didn't as much.

I've known people older than me, younger than me and the same age. I really don't think time effects personality overmuch, so if you don't mind them having a different pop cultural basis for their upbringing and maybe knowing a little less about having a bank account or other more "mature" topics it shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, the parties are way better.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Experience is what defines personality.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTJ

Perception is an inseparable ingredient of experience.

In other words the subject is inseparable from personality, should your claim be true.
    wails from the crypt.