User Tag List

Thread: INFJ or ISFJ?

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Default INFJ or ISFJ?

When I first took the MBTII battery, I scored as an INFJ. However, each test I took after that scored me as a ISFJ. I have been using humanmetrics.

To be honest, I think I was a mis-typed ISFJ. Did a bit of digging and realized that I fit the ISFJ type.

And to be curious, I noticed that there is no FJ forums here. I'm rusty on my types, but I didn't think ISFJ was a rare type since I think 10% of the population was the "protector".

Makes sense considering the career path I chose XD
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    When I first took the MBTII battery, I scored as an INFJ. However, each test I took after that scored me as a ISFJ. I have been using humanmetrics.

To be honest, I think I was a mis-typed ISFJ. Did a bit of digging and realized that I fit the ISFJ type.

And to be curious, I noticed that there is no FJ forums here. I'm rusty on my types, but I didn't think ISFJ was a rare type since I think 10% of the population was the "protector".

Makes sense considering the career path I chose XD

Was that the official MBTI you took that you scored INFJ on? I'd say the official MBTI is more accurate than most online tests. Still the official test is wrong about 25% of the time. Ultimately you know yourself best so I'm not here to tell you which one you are. I say a good hard deep self-assessment is worth more than any test.

The forums here are arranged by temperament. According to Kiersey's theory of temperament, they are SJ, SP, NF, and NT. The Personality Cafe forum has separate subforums for each type but I don't know of any place that lumps all four FJ types together. Basically what the FJs have in common is Fe as either a dominant (EFJ) or auxilary (IFJ) function.

ISFJ is the most common type statistically. I think its around 13% of the general population and about 1 in 5 females. This is according to MBTI form M data. However, ISFJ isn't that common on this forum. The theoretical nature of personality theories like the MBTI tends to attract more Ns than Ss.

What is your current job? What aspects of it would you say match up with ISFJ?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I currently serve in the USMC. Pretty much everything in it matches up with the ISFJ.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.