User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

If you ever catch me telling random people I love them- I'm drunk.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i'm almost always high when I post. not like my Ne needs a boost or anything, but that's generally what it does. Just like any other aspect of my life, weed tends to make me "more me" (my ISTJ friends words), i really don't think it changes anything about my posts other than my state of mind. I'm already a little forgetful, and i definitely think of more things to say/phrase things better after I've posted regardless of whether or not I'm stoned or whatever. Actually, i usually end up going back after I've smoked and editing posts because i see that there's more I could contribute to the topic. Like right now!

I post when I'm high because after a long day of class, work, volunteering, homework and other school-related functions, I want to relax. One way I do this is by smoking a bowl and doing things like video games, reading/foruming that helps me relax and/or expand my mind.

In terms of how it see the forum, i definitely do more reading than posting in general but overall it doesn't make much of a difference. i do think that'd be different if i were on here more for purposes of socializing or making connections with others the way I do in person.

If i'm drunk, then I'll usually go to the respective thread in the fluff zone. and as for if anyone ever notices...well, you tell me
    Last edited by stringstheory; 09-24-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: stoney baloney
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    A thread in the NF section made me think about this again. I've heard some people assert that their best writing on here was done when they were stoned.

Do you post while drunk or high? Why or why not?

If so, does doing so change how you experience the forum?

Do other people notice? (and quite separately) Do they respond differently to you when you post in that state?

How much does it change what you would say or your mode of expression? Have you ever said anything you really regret?
    I'd say about 2000 of my posts were made while high.

Don't regret shit.

The only drawback is it takes longer to articulate myself. In other words, I don't think my posts are worse, they just take me more effort.

Not saying anything about weed being good or something (I know I'd be healthier without it). But I'm not going to not post just because I'm stoned. My tolerance is high enough that it's not that huge of a change anyway.

MBTI
    XXFP

Well a few of my blog posts (blogs are becoming my main interest on the site) lately have been written as "bar reports", so technically I'm a little intoxicated when I write them. That said, I'm not "drunk." I generally don't drink more than 2-3 beers in a night. By the time I get home, I have a BAC of around ~.02-.03 or less.

That said, low levels of intoxication does affect my behavior slightly, but if it is enough to notice through text, I'm not sure. I've gotten some positive feedback on the bar reports, but I don't think that is because I wrote them with a slight buzz. I just think people enjoy reading them, either because they are sorta trashy, or because I try to write them in an evocative manner, or both.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

I'll also add that I've come across a few posts here and there that make me think "They must have been high when they wrote this."* And then I find out that the poster does smoke regularly when they bring it up later. So sometimes it is noticeable from an outside perspective. I can't think of a specific example as this has not happened recently, but just a comment.

*I mean this in a factual way, such as "they were under the influence of marijuana", not in a derogatory one. That said, some of the posts in question were less than stellar.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

nah...i post in another forum when i'm not sober. i think this has to do with the fact that i'm afraid significant intoxicated posting will confuse people as to my type, which is complete BS as i have ADD and nonverbal learning disability which is certianly gonna throw that off if a change in sobriety will.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Posting drunk is disgusting. People who do that should get their asses whipped !

This best commented with Tim Toupets greatest song "A new liver is like a new life"

fuck you I only drink because I need it to fall asleep.

video =
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Give me about 5-6 hours and I'll make a live contribution to this thread...
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Posting drunk is disgusting. People who do that should get their asses whipped !
    So - how many scars do you have on your ass?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On very rare occasion, I will post when drunk -- mostly just for the shock value and to make people laugh. (Consider it my contribution to forum entertainment.)

Out of the handful of times I've done it, I'm still usually focusing very hard to maintain some level of awareness... and there is only one episode I remember where I logged on the next day and realized I must have been really gone and didn't remember posting a few of the things i had posted.

That was kinda freaky.
    Good thing I'm a "happy tipsy."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft