User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Sports! I just don't understand why so many people are into sports.

Pets! I don't get this one either.

(Yeah I know I'm a freak. Who doesn't like sports and pets?)
    Well, pets are awesome. There's your answer.

But sports--I'm with you there. I can understand playing sports, but I don't understand watching them on tv. And I super don't understand wanting to watch a bunch of loud dudes TALK about sports on tv. Admittedly, though, I am a chick.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    --why the public educational system hasn't progressed at all, unlike science, medicine, and other important things
    Because the goal isn't to make children into people who make a difference, it's for them to join the working class and become slaves to corporations. Someone has to do janitorial duties.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Because the goal isn't to make children into people who make a difference, it's for them to join the working class and become slaves to corporations. Someone has to do janitorial duties.
    have a cookie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Well, pets are awesome. There's your answer.

But sports--I'm with you there. I can understand playing sports, but I don't understand watching them on tv. And I super don't understand wanting to watch a bunch of loud dudes TALK about sports on tv. Admittedly, though, I am a chick.
    I can get caught up in watching sports. However, I can't get caught up in people talking about it on TV.... I much rather prefer watching sports in a sports bar or at the actual event opposed to at home... Well, unless I'm watching a game at home with some friends. I can't really explain why though!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I can get caught up in watching sports. However, I can't get caught up in people talking about it on TV.... I much rather prefer watching sports in a sports bar or at the actual event opposed to at home... Well, unless I'm watching a game at home with some friends. I can't really explain why though!
    Wow even people that like sports don't get it. Nobody gets sports!
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

ugly shoes
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP

Talk radio

Why anybody likes ANY of the FreeCreditReport.com commercials
    Something Witty

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I like (non-political) talk radio, but don't get how anyone can FALL FOR the freecreditreport crap.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INTP

^^

Yeah, I like stuff like NPR news and Car Talk and the like. It's the political stuff that makes me want to shoot myself in the head. I've never understood why people like to hear their own opinions yelled back at them. Also, I don't like to get angry before lunch. :-P
    Something Witty

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I can't understand:

When people say they want to be close or closer to you. What does that mean exactly? Can you give me an example of what you want? Why are getting mad at me for even asking; how the hell am I supposed to know?

People who hurt children.

Men who deliberately seek out young girls/teens for sex. No, honey--he doesn't love you. You are 15 and he's a 30 year-old...he's using you.

People who are chipper and want to chat and chatter at the crack of dawn. That is an automatic "ass-chewing" button pressing moment. :steam:

People that don't like cats. The cats says it's deity envy...get over it and get on your knees.

Hating it when it rains...how is that even possible?

People who will do almost any damn thing to have a few seconds in the limelight...no Rush, it's not the universal dream. I, for one, think it sounds like Dante's 7th circle.

People who are so rule-bound that if they had a choice over saving the world by pressing a button and the rules said you had to consult the button-pressing committee first, they'd refuse to press it.

Drug addiction. Yeah--some of it is about brain chemistry...no doubt. But pure, unadulterated, 2-year-old style emotional immaturity is at the root.

People who sincerely believe that they are part of an elite group if they are a particular race, culture, nationality....I believe that falls under "accident of birth".

Getting sleepy when I'd rather stay online and goof-off.