User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    i've given up trying. My floordrobe is a beautiful thing.

Also; i don't understand Pokemon. WTF are they?! I refuse to class it as anime.
    You just had to be there, man. It was 1998, I was 10 years old, the sun was shining, the grass was green, and there was just an entire separate universe to explore filled with furry woodland creatures, each wielding the power of the elements. Sure, it looks crazy now, but we were all just foolish children attempting to harness the powers of the gods.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

BUT, WHYYYY?!!!111ONEONEONEONE

It makes me want to bash my face against my desk untill i passout into sweet oblivion and am saved from the inanity of the whole thing.
    Yeah, my kids watch it, they want me to watch it with them. I agree to one episode so they can be appeased.

It's kind of interesting from a cultural perspective. Japan being natively Shinto has spirits and deities for anything that is even remotely important. There is a belief that anything handled and given enough attention to will develop a spirit. Pokemon is pretty much just a cartoonization of their spirit world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Yeah, my kids watch it, they want me to watch it with them. I agree to one episode so they can be appeased.

It's kind of interesting from a cultural perspective. Japan being natively Shinto has spirits and deities for anything that is even remotely important. There is a belief that anything handled and given enough attention to will develop a spirit. Pokemon is pretty much just a cartoonization of their spirit world.
    Japan should stick to building robots.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Japan should stick to building robots.
    Yeah, I'm sure they'll get their giant mecha production going again here soon after they finish dealing with the tsunami thing.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    You just had to be there, man. It was 1998, I was 10 years old, the sun was shining, the grass was green, and there was just an entire separate universe to explore filled with furry woodland creatures, each wielding the power of the elements. Sure, it looks crazy now, but we were all just foolish children attempting to harness the powers of the gods.
    I was too old by that point to have any interest, surprisingly enough though, i DID develop my spongebob obsession around that time. So apparently i was just an anime snob, rather than a cartoon one. My little brother had SO MANY CARDS. He deigned to play with them in class one day and the teacher took them away (fair enough), when he asked for them back at the end of class (instead of the end of the day) she cut them up in front of him. I've always wanted to punch that bitch in the face for that. I still would given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post

See, it's almost tolerable if i look at it from a Shintoist perspective. ALMOST.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    IsFJ

BUT, WHYYYY?!!!111ONEONEONEONE

It makes me want to bash my face against my desk untill i passout into sweet oblivion and am saved from the inanity of the whole thing.
    Im'ma leave this here...

Have a nice day! (Seriously, I wish you a nice day. )

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Im'ma leave this here...

Have a nice day! (Seriously, I wish you a nice day. )
    I enjoy your colourful passive-agressiveness in a thread about things people dont understand =)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Are we allowed to give people explanations to help them understand?

Everything here that isn't understood could be understood, in terms of the motivations that lead people to act in puzzling ways. Perhaps its not that we dont understand, it is that we do have a suspicion of understanding, but reject motivations we cannot accept in another human being.

Nah I still can't understand NASCAR.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Nah I still can't understand NASCAR.
    You turn left.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You turn left.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.