User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    I?TP

I can't understand religion.

explaination:
    In my world - freedom is everything, and you are an identity in the working world.
    (that's when I look at the world - which I never do, I'm always in my own world, in my head.)
    It seems to be a very different view from a religious person.

I seem to explain religion as a mind game, that once you understand it, there's no way out.
    A sort of brain reward system that will keep occupying the believer - some have it so badly that they are blinded by people's true feelings and are blinded by the real world.

Though I do respect religion, as I understand everyone should be entitled to their own opinion.
    I also would thank religion for the countless lives it has saved, through helping people out of depression and offering light at the end of the tunnel.

I do think it's sad that people have to join a religion (only some, tryiing not to generalize) to be so helpful.
    It's like a society where rules and boundaries are everywhere, and some people just love that?
    Some people need to be pushed by god, or their god-believing peer's to perform generously to the people.

Ehh, my ex is religious.
    I HAVE to make sure that topic doesn't arise again.

How I could just kill a man.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Euchre... years of people trying to explain that damned game to me somehow haven't taken... I just don't get it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

how to say euchre
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

how come people want to be idiots for all their lives and never progress. Being on the interwebs makes me do like my avatar every night.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Pretending everything is okay when it's all clearly going to hell...complete with hand-basket.

MBTI
    FREE

I don't understand how true randomness can be an inherent aspect of the universe. Not that I disbelieve... I mean, if the universe was created out of nothing, that would essentially have to be a random event, but the nature of randomness confounds me. We can simulate randomness by just being unaware of the workings of a complex system, but true randomness?!?!? /puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

How one starts a relationship with another person.

I feel like I'm missing a part of the brain that everyone else has.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I don't understand how true randomness can be an inherent aspect of the universe. Not that I disbelieve... I mean, if the universe was created out of nothing, that would essentially have to be a random event, but the nature of randomness confounds me. We can simulate randomness by just being unaware of the workings of a complex system, but true randomness?!?!? /puzzled
    perhaps randomness is what generates the axiomatic parameters of a universe-- in the moments of its creation, due to the quantum-level interactions prior to the universe's irruption... & since all our perceptive capacity is limited by the parameters of our universe, it's impossible to imagine how they could be different, thus it's impossible to imagine randomness

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont remember if I posted in this so I'll give it a whirl.

- The amount of straight women who seek out homosexual men as friends and are champions of homosexuality itself (while still being straight themselves).

- How unsophisticated people or how little interest they have in the big questions.

- How abscent minded or thoughtless people can be in good conscience, oblivious to others or worse developing a chip on their shoulder that everyone else has a problem not them.

- People who're totally surprised by the easily predictable consequences of their actions.

- How often people do the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results.

- Conservatism.

- How anyone believes in free markets anymore.

- How people can possess good insight into the flaws of others but totally unaware of their own and pretty resistant to insight at the same time, from any quarter.

- Dog owners who dont mind their dog behaving aggressive or who encourage them to.

- Parents who let their kids run amok or dont feel any sense of shame or embarrassment when they do.

- How someone can find it impossible to believe in God or practice religion but they'll buy the most incredible stories about 9/11, sinister banking cabals, name it.