User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I know. Their awful people, aren't they?
    This was the post that triggered an email notification saying this thread was updated. I cringed and was about to throw imaginary stones at you when I saw the incorrect 'their' - however, after seeing that this post was purposely making fun of it, I approve.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    The appeal of watching golf on TV.
    The appeal of golf. Period.

I don't understand how my culture treats crazy people in the media. Yes, Fox News, everyone on MTV, and etc. you're all insane, and we love watching your silly antics, but why in the hell to people IDOLIZE you?!?!?! *coughglennbeckteenmometccough*

And I don't understand why I have to fill out FAFSA. I know I'm not going to get any grant money or scholarships because I'm in the middle class void, so why are you requiring me to fill it out anyway? I can practically pay out of pocket for the school I go to now, so what's the point?

AND HOW IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK ON ANY FUCKING BROWSER THAT I FUCKING HAVE, EVEN THOUGH FAFSA IS TELLING ME I NEED SAID BROWSER AND I'M USING IT!!!!! FUCK IT ALL!!!!!

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I just don't understand how someone who is from the richest and one of the most educated countries in the world does not know enough human history to know that agriculture was the 1st step toward civilization and is perhaps the greatest invention of mankind.
    It is the moment we stopped being tribal animals and started to become sentient beings.
    Ah, but you see, different things work in different places. There are places where hunting is more efficient - especially when people make their own hunting preserves. Most of the time, farming is better. I think their point was simply that, sometimes, some places, hunting is a better option.

Also, you can't grow meat :/
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I just don't understand how someone who is from the richest and one of the most educated countries in the world does not know enough human history to know that agriculture was the 1st step toward civilization and is perhaps the greatest invention of mankind.
    It is the moment we stopped being tribal animals and started to become sentient beings.
    Well, hunter-gatherers weren't (and aren't) any less "beings" and certainly not any less "sentient" than early farmers (and we are now).

In that same vein, we never stopped being "animals," and there are still modern "tribal" peoples today, so... yeah.

/derail

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    Ah, but you see, different things work in different places. There are places where hunting is more efficient - especially when people make their own hunting preserves. Most of the time, farming is better. I think their point was simply that, sometimes, some places, hunting is a better option.

Well technically you can .. It's called farming.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Well, hunter-gatherers weren't (and aren't) any less "beings" and certainly not any less "sentient" than early farmers (and we are now).

In that same vein, we never stopped being "animals," and there are still modern "tribal" peoples today, so... yeah.

/derail
    Touche.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, you're right, and the reason why I grasp this concept is because I am originally from the most mountainous state in the Appalachian range, and just as little as 80-100 years ago subsistance farming was actually quite difficult because of all of the hills and rocks (we're talking about the WV/Kentucky/eastern Tennessee area primarily) and there simply wasn't the swaths of grazing land needed for big herds of animals (or for any sort of plantation farming). Also, during the Civil War it was often imperitive to hunt for one's food. That was about 150 years ago, but 150 years isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things.

Of course, inventions like highways, trains, etc. have made all of this much easier. But southern people in particular seem to want to maintain the survival skill of being able to hunt for one's own food - it's a tradition that's been handed down fairly recently, and it certainly was necessary more recently than since the original invention of agriculture and farming.

I think it's more than just tradition and fear of losing a survival skill, though. I think it's actually cheaper for some people to get their meat that way, they look at it as being economical.

Then again, it could also fall under the heading of "sport" (as gruesome as that probably is to some people) just like football or soccer.

There are all sorts of reasons why people hunt, and I think it can be taken way too far...I think unnecessary killing is barbaric, and I've always liked the practice of certain Native American tribes to use every part of the animal that they kill for food.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think unnecessary killing is barbaric, and I've always liked the practice of certain Native American tribes to use every part of the animal that they kill for food.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Although, if you are hunting for 'sport' and you're with someone who's going to use every part, I don't think it's that bad. If you hunt for sport and just waste what you shoot? That's disgusting...

And yeah, hunting as an alternative to farming can also be more economical transportationally, especially if you live so far away in mountainous terrain or something.

It's a good thing we're trying to kill each other on here instead of having an honest, peaceful idea-based tennis game

MBTI
    yupp

I wholeheartedly agree.

Although, if you are hunting for 'sport' and you're with someone who's going to use every part, I don't think it's that bad. If you hunt for sport and just waste what you shoot? That's disgusting...

And yeah, hunting as an alternative to farming can also be more economical transportationally, especially if you live so far away in mountainous terrain or something.

It's a good thing we're trying to kill each other on here instead of having an honest, peaceful idea-based tennis game
    meh tennis's boring
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

SJs. dogmatic religion. people that enjoy watching lame MTV/ reality shows like 'jersey shore'. emo kids and the lamer end of the hipster population. a lot of people that shop at walmart. justin bieber's popularity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Hahaha, why people get so offensive about things.
    It makes me giggle.