User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Why companies don't universally pack tomato paste in tubes. I don't think I've ever used a whole can...

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

People who never want to learn or experience anything new.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Einnas View Post
    why some people smoke
    That's actually a good one, though I'll like to extend its generalness. I just don't get smoking, at all. You don't even get a high from it. What's the upside to smoking?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

^^ As a former smoker (ten years smoke free this month, woot!) I can attest that the taste of the smoke can be pleasant, and that it is calming. However, that pleasure didn't outweigh the nastiness of waking up in the middle of the night to cough and gag.

I totally agree when it comes to weddings and mostly agree when it comes to getting drunk. I enjoy drinking every once in a while, but getting shitfaced drunk every weekend? I do not understand.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't understand when they have to unneccessarily complicate tax forms.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Why it's illegal to smoke a plant that has killed all of zero people, and yet legal to drink and smoke products that have killed millions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Why it's illegal to smoke a plant that has killed all of zero people, and yet legal to drink and smoke products that have killed millions.
    If you smoke anything, it will increase the odds of killing you. Burning particulates is always a bad idea.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    If you smoke anything, it will increase the odds of killing you. Burning particulates is always a bad idea.
    So if you smoke ham, your odds of being killed are increased?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I can't understand why people get a Big Mac and large fries...and a Diet Coke...
    Maybe they can't have sugar but the other stuff is okay for them. Maybe they've already topped off their sugar quota for the day. Maybe they see no need to add insult to injury. If I have a cookie and a slice of cake and ice cream, there's a hundred grams of sugar. Is it somehow more logical to make it 128 by having a soda with even more sugar?

I don't understand why some people don't answer direct questions. I can't think of an example, but all my life I've found it frustrating when a question is asked and the person talks around the question, gives situational side-topics, or even makes excuses - but never actually answers the question. Sometimes I wonder if they're not hearing the same thing I am. Or maybe they're reading between the lines and missing the lines? Dunno. It's puzzling.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by suchirony View Post
    People who are really into eating healthy, yet smoke or drink alot. Sounds contradictory.
    This sounds like all-or-nothing thinking to me -- black and white, no in between. If someone has a drinking problem or can't seem to shake a smoking habit, should they knock themselves out and eat garbage on top of the abuse they're already doing to their bodies? They, more than anyone else, probably need to eat healthy to make up for the damage the smoking and drinking is doing to them.

I knew someone who was a smoker, but would quit smoking every time she got pregnant. Then she would pick up smoking again as soon as the baby was born. I never quite understood that. If the ability to quit was there, why not just give it up altogether?