User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I tried okcupid for awhile it just got overwhelming keeping up with all the messages and trying to coordinate schedules. Maybe when I'm super rich and successful and have a secretary to organize my appointments (!) then I will try again.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I never had much success with it. It helps when people are 100% honest on the site though... I met a few that claimed to be looking for a relationship and wanted to settle down.... Only to find out that they really just wanted someone to get a booty call from every now and then.

I'm curious if anyone who isn't religious has had any success with eHarmony... A friend of mine is very much an atheist and every time he goes on the site it tells him that there are no matches for him at this time. Another one that was Agnostic kept getting matched to very religious girls. *shrug* I guess eHarmony was trying to help him decide on his religious preference.

I think people who actually pay for a dating site like eHarmony or match.com would probably have more luck than using the freebie sites... If you pay for it, I think you've got a little bit more of a commitment to it...

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Basically what she said.

Gotta be careful with the damn introverts. The safety of the computer screen gives them some of them confidence. For myself, I'm extremely subdued in person at first but I'll reflect whatever energy level you're expressing. It's why I can probably only date extraverts, going forward. Another introvert, I'd probably just end up staring at them.
    I always tell people I'm a quiet soul. I'm so quiet and calm, relaxed, that I attract shy cats. I really have nothing to say unless it's written. Only when I'm with my closest ones (brother/best friend) can I burst out and be talkative. Or when I really feel like I have to help someone, I try my best to speak, to calm, and so forth.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Gotta be careful with the damn introverts. The safety of the computer screen gives them some of them confidence. For myself, I'm extremely subdued in person at first but I'll reflect whatever energy level you're expressing. It's why I can probably only date extraverts, going forward. Another introvert, I'd probably just end up staring at them.
    Yes, this is me as well. I met my husband online, and we were able to email for a couple of weeks before meeting in person. I was still awkward the first few times we met face to face, but by then he already knew me well enough through my emails to know that he liked me, and give me a chance to warm up.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I know what you mean. I actually went on a blind date with a guy on OkCupid, and he sounded just like you described...witty online, silent and creepy otherwise....that was bad. Plus, the guys I talk to for the most part annoy me. They want to know more about me, and there's nothing about me that I didn't say in my profile, and they talk about meeting up after one or two conversations. They're all probably very nice irl, but I need distance and my own time to get close to people, especially online.

And it's more like one out of 5 relationships start online...never said they lasted though.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I tried okcupid for awhile it just got overwhelming keeping up with all the messages and trying to coordinate schedules. Maybe when I'm super rich and successful and have a secretary to organize my appointments (!) then I will try again.
    Lol, someones a commodity!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I think people who actually pay for a dating site like eHarmony or match.com would probably have more luck than using the freebie sites... If you pay for it, I think you've got a little bit more of a commitment to it...
    Yup. More commitment, more honesty, more screening involved, more serious about wanting to make something work with someone. Plus, there's capital invested by the company IN the screening process. I've seen some of the tests on the paid sites and I think they're better quality than those on a place like OKC.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my friend met his ex online, they were together like 3 years. dunno if you count that as a success since they arent together anymore
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yup. More commitment, more honesty, more screening involved, more serious about wanting to make something work with someone. Plus, there's capital invested by the company IN the screening process. I've seen some of the tests on the paid sites and I think they're better quality than those on a place like OKC.
    I think the worst free one I have seen was Plenty of Fish.... I have never had more requests for sex on any other site as I did there! And they even have sexual encounters as one of their options for "looking for," which I definitely did not have marked, yet I kept getting those type of emails... Sheesh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm newly single now but I don't think I will be trying out internet dating. I have done it before, and what I mainly found there, were guys who were just hoping to get some. I'm not really into that, so nothing went anywhere. I did meet someone who was really cool, sweet and was on the same page as me in most areas. but I did not feel the same chemistry with him as he did for me. It was a shame, because he would have been perfect.

I think it's a tough call, internet dating or meeting people irl. It takes a lot of time and emotional investment either way, to decide what you really want in a relationship. (or maybe that's just me) But I would think it is harder online. One thing I always wondered about when I was trying out online dating, was how many other girls were these guys talking to at the same time that they were talking to me? But I'm sure that is a common query.

^^ and yes, stay away from Plenty of fish ^^
    "What's Taters, Precious?" --- Gollum.

"Bring your pretty face, to my axe". --- Gimly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think it's kind of romantic..like a meg ryan movie
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison