User Tag List

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Sleeping disorders

Sometimes I don't sleep for several days.
    Sometimes I sleep for several days.
    Sometimes I sleep for a couple of hours.
    Sometimes I sleep on two hour intervals, three hour intervals, seven hour intervals, and so forth.

Nightmares.
    Sleep paralyzation.
    Hallucinations.
    Voices and beeping noices.

Sometimes I pull my nightmares out of my dreams right into a state of paralyzation (where you can't even move your head to the side), usually it's about someone trying to stab me, someone being decapitated right infront of me, or dead bodies covering me so I can't move.

Sometimes I pull my nightmares out of my dreams and right into a state of hallucation, for instance, I woke up with poison ivy of some sort right infront of my face, and when I panicked and got out of bed I smacked it with my hand accidently and could actually feel the shrub, as soon as I turned around and checked again the shrub was gone.

Sometimes before I go to bed I hear voices (in the room, calling my name) or beeping noices.

Sometimes I wake up and it feels like there's an earthquake even though I've never experienced an earthquake in my entire life.

Sometimes it feels like my bed is moving underneath me.

The nightmares are usually the worst. They're not controlled. But they're not scary, they're just annoying, i guess it's because I'm so used to having them all the time. In fact, I have them every single time I go to sleep, which is probably why I sometimes try to stay awake for as long as I can.

Anyone else with anything similar?

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Sometimes I don't sleep for several days.
    Sometimes I sleep for several days.
    Sometimes I sleep for a couple of hours.
    Sometimes I sleep on two hour intervals, three hour intervals, seven hour intervals, and so forth.

Nightmares.
    Sleep paralyzation.
    Hallucinations.
    Voices and beeping noices.

Sometimes I pull my nightmares out of my dreams right into a state of paralyzation (where you can't even move your head to the side), usually it's about someone trying to stab me, someone being decapitated right infront of me, or dead bodies covering me so I can't move.

Sometimes I pull my nightmares out of my dreams and right into a state of hallucation, for instance, I woke up with poison ivy of some sort right infront of my face, and when I panicked and got out of bed I smacked it with my hand accidently and could actually feel the shrub, as soon as I turned around and checked again the shrub was gone.

Sometimes before I go to bed I hear voices (in the room, calling my name) or beeping noices.

Sometimes I wake up and it feels like there's an earthquake even though I've never experienced an earthquake in my entire life.

Sometimes it feels like my bed is moving underneath me.

The nightmares are usually the worst. They're not controlled. But they're not scary, they're just annoying, i guess it's because I'm so used to having them all the time. In fact, I have them every single time I go to sleep, which is probably why I sometimes try to stay awake for as long as I can.

Anyone else with anything similar?
    Pretty much everything in bold I used to experience awhile back, I'd say 5 years ago. My hallucinations usually involved insects, and though I never experienced straight out night terrors, at least as far as I know, I've definitely had sleep paralysis and hallucinations.

As far as unusual sleep patterns are concerned, for me it was either I was sleeping normally, sleeping a couple of hours a night, or just not sleeping at all. I've had long bouts with insomnia that would last days where the hallucinations would be at their worst.

Generally speaking now, I don't have them anymore though I still see hallucinations from time to time, even with good sleep.

How did I get myself out of it?

Simplified my life, isolation, and gave myself a LOT of free time. I cut off a lot of negative influences in my life and isolated myself. I stopped trying to control everything and let go. I did whatever my mind told me to do. If I felt like eating an entire box of pizza at 2 am, I ate. If I felt like playing video games all day, I played video games. If I felt like cursing someone off, I did. I went up and down in weight which now has finally settled into something manageable (fluctuated anywhere from 225lbs to 170lbs - it's now 190 @ 6'2" or approx. 188 cm). Somehow this all worked out, but as to why this worked? I couldn't say for sure. Even if I wanted to control everything I just didn't have the willpower/strength to do so, so I didn't really have any choice but to let go.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I dunno. A lot of the kids I used to teach had this (actually it's weird, one was just talking about it on Facebook today). I think it's made worse by keeping really irregular hours and not getting enough sleep, combined with severe emotional stress and lack of support. If there's any way to reduce stress, I think that helps a lot. Then getting onto a regular schedule of eating and sleeping assists your body in processing thoughts better during the day and regulating itself. If you can find a therapist, counsellor or someone close to talk to, that is also really important.

This is a horrible thing to have to deal with and I can understand why you would dread going to sleep. I just experienced a really stressful time and felt the same way, in much milder form. I'd have really disturbing dreams that made me feel like I hadn't really slept, often dream that I couldn't move or scream and someone was touching me or was going to harm me. My stomach also hurt all the time, so it was hard to tell if I was hungry or tired or just stressed.

Even that much sleep disturbance made me want to avoid going to bed, which only made things worse. Have you seen a doctor?