User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Today, I realized that yellow hiliting makes everything look more organized...even if it's not!

Hate

You never realize how important water is until it gets shut off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Seriously! This happened to us a couple months ago... what a pain!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Ouch! I know how true that is!

I realized today, as I was trying to see out my smeared up van windows that someday I will have clean windows and I will miss the smears. I'm going to not fuss about the smears, I think.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Today, I realized that I'm not as capable of remembering schedules and agendas as I was.. Lately, if I didn't write it down and post it somewhere to see later, I won't remember it at all. I'm not sure why this sudden memory lapse has occured. I used to be decent at remembering.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just read this as your rationalization of the day...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I've realized that those posters hanging in the cafeteria ten years ago were lying. School is not cool and milk did not make me play sports like Michael Jordan.

figsfiggyfigs

Always check the item a floor clerk gives you. It will probably be the wrong one.

Emotional Intimacy

I've just realised that intimacy is what?

Is intimacy a measure of mental health? Is it a measure of integrity or maturity? Is it a measure of depth?

Of course I mean emotional intimacy.

I have a friend Terry who I talk with every day and so we are quite familiar. At first I was quite wary of him but familiarity breeds familiarity until I make the mistake of trying to share something emotional with him, or ask him to share how he is feeling with me. Well, the walls immediately go up. Terry in fact rejects emotional intimacy. And as I got to know him and his family, I found out why. Terry is an alcoholic and it has left its mark on his psyche and so he avoids emotional intimacy like the plague.

And yet those who are phobic about intimacy seek social company. So they are a bit like mines in the social sea and are a danger to shipping.

I guess we learn to be emotionally intimate in our families. We learn to be safely emotionally intimate. We learn emotional intimacy is nourishing to the psyche and the relationship. Or we don't. We just don't learn how to be safely emotionally intimate with another human being.

It's as though these are the walking wounded. They have been so emotionally damaged as children, they can't bear to be touched. They can't bear to be emotionally touched.

And of course they find all kinds of ways of protecting themselves emotionally. They think this will keep them safe but all it does is cut them off from others, it cuts them off from emotional nourishment.

So rather than relating directly with others, they manipulate them. And even more tragically, they manipulate themselves.

It's as though they walk around in emotional armour all the time, clanking along, a bit like crabs scuttling sideways at the bottom of a sunless sea.

It was my brother's birthday yesterday, and I realized that he is very likely an ESTP.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism