User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Weed Smokers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Where much of it comes from, though, does bother me. That drug trafficking in Mexico and South America has such an impact on the safety and wellbeing of people there is a reason not to support it, IMO. "Buy local" as they say at the co-op.
    Who smokes weed from mexico anymore?

There is such ridiculous over-supply in California that it makes its way out to the rest of the country quite quickly. If you can profit $1k per pound driving a few pounds across a few state lines, you can bet people can find Cali weed anywhere in the US. (assuming you're from the US)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't know, I've never bought it before. I figured it was still coming from Mexico since that was the case the last time I knew where weed came from.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Personally, i think a lot of the concern of money supporting drug cartels is in regards to cocaine.

Regardless, Ivy, I think you should read the HuffPo article I posted and the book I recommended. Also, this one: David Henry Sterry: Mexican Drug Lord Officially Thanks American Lawmakers for Keeping Drugs Illegal

Drug cartels fear the end of drug prohibition. As far as I'm concerned, the "crackdown" on these drugs helps these people, not not hurt them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you can't od on weed maybe it was some other drug
    sometimes the soil that weed was grown in has things in it that will stop a person's heart and cause problems/death, if they have a reaction to it. it's really rare though.
    just like coke is sometimes cut with really heinous stuff that kills, although that is probably a lot more common than bad weed....

i am real forgiving and permissive when it comes to weed.
    i have known plenty of people who are heavy smokers but still kick ass in their everyday life. i had a real close friend who sold lots and smoked heavily, but he also founded and runs his own high-end wine shop that is massively popular and successful. he has amazing relationships with friends and family. he is an amazing guy, he is DYNAMIC and hugely successful in business, and everybody loves him. he is one of those people who draws everyone to them, a real social magnet in a big way. he smokes more weed than just about anyone i've known, he is HEAVY into it.

you've got to define your life, not let it define you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Here there have been quite a few instances of weed cut with other substances to promote more serious drug use. It was a huge problem on the reserve I lived on and it seems to be in several prairie towns I know of. Not sure where the weed is coming from. The majority of ours usually comes from BC which in the States seemed to be regarded as good stuff. However, what happens to it as it reaches its various destinations may vary.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Here there have been quite a few instances of weed cut with other substances to promote more serious drug use. It was a huge problem on the reserve I lived on and it seems to be in several prairie towns I know of. Not sure where the weed is coming from. The majority of ours usually comes from BC which in the States seemed to be regarded as good stuff. However, what happens to it as it reaches its various destinations may vary.
    I find it rather amusing that someone would waste their precious "hard drugs" on weed. I should consider myself lucky to have never had an issue with this, but I imagine the vast, vast majority of users that experience such a dubious practice would simply not purchase the product again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I find it rather amusing that someone would waste their precious "hard drugs" on weed. I should consider myself lucky to have never had an issue with this, but I imagine the vast, vast majority of users that experience such a dubious practice would simply not purchase the product again.
    Yeah, it's just not economically feasible from the stance of a dealer to cut your product with hard drugs. You will lose customers at a much greater rate than the supposed getting-them-hooked factor could ever make up for.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

When you live in a crappy little town and you need to smoke weed to cope or when that's the number one pasttime of everyone you know, you'll take whatever's around. Usually the "hard drugs" it's cut with are dubious other cheap junk that will produce novel sensations, but aren't going to cost the people selling it that much to add.

When I was on the reserve, Indian Posse and Manitoba Warriors (more bigtime serious Western Canada aboriginal gangs) were making big inroads into town (a lot of our kids were meeting people in jail and became affiliated) and bringing with them a lot of stuff that hadn't been around before. They were getting expendible members to join their gang, in addition to making some money off them at the same time.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Isn't Weed the called the Gateway Drug(?). I don't know a lot about this stuff...
    But don't most serious weed smokers get involved with other drugs?
    Please share your opinions. I was actually researching this today, but had no time to read anything.
    people who say that use the statement as anti pot propaganda mainly or they just dont know what they are talking about.

people who view cannabis as a drug and try to use it as a drug, it wont give them what they really want(a drug) because its not like a drug and they will notice that and move to stuff(real drugs) that gives them what they are looking for. alcohol does the exact same thing, but cannabis is even crappier drug(as in real drug) than alcohol, because alcohol is much harder substance than pot. of course if you smoke lots of cannabis it works more than few beers, but if you drink alot, you will be much more disoriented than you get from smoking weed. alcohol makes you disoriented as amphetamines do(i never done amphetamines, but i have seen people on them).

so it doesent really work like first starting out with cannabis and then they start to grieve harder stuff because of the cannabis use. its that cannabis wasnt the stuff that they wanted in the first place, they just didnt know that. there is nothing in cannabis that makes people want harder stuff and it has been scientifically proven.

other thing that might lead people using harder drugs after smoking weed is its illegality. you have to get involved with people in drug scenes to get cannabis(in many places, unless you grow it yourself or know someone who is growing) and people who use harder drugs want other people to use them too so that they can sell them(or buy them for other people and take sort of finders fee) for people.

also because society puts the same drug label to cannabis that it puts on real drugs can cause people thinking that other drugs arent that bad either after they notice all the lies they tell on cannabis and kids might start experiencing with harder drugs easier after trying cannabis.

cannabis will increase the effects of alcohol(unless you just drink few beers), so passing out on the kitchen floor when you drink and smoke isnt because of cannabis itself, its because of alcohol since its an effect that alcohol gives, but cannabis just increases.

people who smoke weed and who like what cannabis gives them and what they are looking out of it are about as possible to move to hard drugs as people who use alcohol. that is if they arent dumb and hang out with people who use other drugs also and pressure them on using them
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Yeah, it's just not economically feasible from the stance of a dealer to cut your product with hard drugs. You will lose customers at a much greater rate than the supposed getting-them-hooked factor could ever make up for.
    A much better idea would be to spike fast food drinks with vodka. Much more addicting, much larger customer base. Makes perfect sense to me, and I don't even sell vodka.