User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Weed Smokers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Once in awhile doesn't bother me much. I am a non-smoker married to a smoker (though we have smoked a handful of times together in the past year, so I guess I can't claim "non-smoker" anymore). I haven't found it to be the negative, intimacy-killing, self-medicating thing that others have said about it in this thread. Certainly some people use it that way. But that isn't the only way people use it.

I also agree with Oberon; you'd be surprised how many of the competent professionals you work with and encounter every day also smoke a little pot. I know I have been. I'm talking teachers, social workers, artists, IT professionals... they just don't broadcast to everyone that they smoke.

Where much of it comes from, though, does bother me. That drug trafficking in Mexico and South America has such an impact on the safety and wellbeing of people there is a reason not to support it, IMO. "Buy local" as they say at the co-op.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    ROFL! Hilarious...

Dumb corporations...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Those posters are a bit crazy, but what do corporations have to do with any of this? Corporations are not an all-purpose bogeyman for the counterculture complaint du jour.

I can't wait until we get to the "but you can make pants and rope out of hemp!" arguments.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Those posters are a bit crazy, but what do corporations have to do with any of this? Corporations are not an all-purpose bogeyman for the counterculture complaint du jour.

I can't wait until we get to the "but you can make pants and rope out of hemp!" arguments.

Corporations are the reason why the whole anti-marijuana propaganda started (wayyy back in the day)
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I have a Q for you all that bring up the causes for concern here ...

In terms of a person's ability to hold relationships and maintain global functioning as a person, which of the following is more dangerous:

A) a pound of marijuana

B) a subscription to an MMORPG

Which would give you more "pause", A or B?

I only ask because I do both of these things mentioned, and I'm pretty sure i know which one is more "dangerous" in terms of statistical population brackets and trends that the behavior in question leads to, since this is the basis for those claims.

fact: a pool is more dangerous than a handgun.

IOW, think about it. Social Perception is not only ubiquitous, its fun, hurray!!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

It's a deal breaker for me. Everyone in my dad's immediate family were highly addicted to weed (and a whole lot of other drugs as well). Eh, it just has a lot of really bad memories for me and I can't stand the smell of it. One of my uncles was a dealer and ended up getting shot and killed because of it, while my other uncle died apparently from over dosage.

So, no. In fact smoking, drinking, and any other type of drug use is a no go for me simply because of family issues we've had with it all already.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    SCORE!
    word

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But you can make pants and rope out of hemp!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    It's a deal breaker for me. Everyone in my dad's immediate family were highly addicted to weed (and a whole lot of other drugs as well). Eh, it just has a lot of really bad memories for me and I can't stand the smell of it. One of my uncles was a dealer and ended up getting shot and killed because of it, while my other uncle died apparently from over dosage.

So, no. In fact smoking, drinking, and any other type of drug use is a no go for me simply because of family issues we've had with it all already.
    you can't od on weed maybe it was some other drug
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    But you can make pants and rope out of hemp!
    It's true. Speaker cones, paper, and towels too!

to add some content...a lot of people have brought up the concern of their money going to unethical sources as a result of purchasing drugs. I'd like to direct you to this article: Johann Hari: The Only Thing Drug Gangs and Cartels Fear Is Legalization

As well as a short read called The Drug War Addiction by Sheriff Bill Masters: Amazon.com: Drug War Addiction (9781888118094): Sheriff Bill Masters: Books his life experience at the front lines of the "War on Drugs" only convinced him that drug prohibition is dangerous and lets the drug cartels/criminals keep a hold on their monopoly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

It's not at all a deal-breaker, just like smoking is not at all a deal-breaker. I would certainly prefer someone who didn't smoke or drink at all (becuse I do not; I dislike alcohol and my experiences with smoking, including weed, have not been great), but every now and then I'd be fine with. But as with anything else, I judge this sort of thing on a case by case basis. It really does depend on the person; as others have said, there's plenty of occasional weed smokers out there who are highly succesful people in control of their career and their lives. Nothing in this world is inherently good or bad (at least not to this Chaotic Neutral dude), and weed is no exception.
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!