User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 141

Thread: Weed Smokers

  1. #41
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Well. It's different.
    The first time I was exposed to weed was when my ex told me he was puffing.
    I barely understood what that was. I had never been in contact with weed before. So I was kinda surprised when he first told me, but I distinctly remember it wasn't in a negative, or positive way. He told me about his experiences, how he used it, why ect and I remember being cool with it. It didn't bother me at all.

    However, like YWIR said, while in theory this was fine, in practice, it did bother me a little. He never passed out, but he zoned out a lot and I later discovered some unattractive traits in him due to his marijuana use.

    Why it's different is because if I were to meet someone now, who told me he smoked weed, I'd probably have a bit of a negative reaction to it. But the fact that he smoked weed would not be a deal breaker.

  2. #42
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That sounds like alcohol..
    Maybe the odd person gets like that on weed.. But almost anyone and everyone gets like that when they drink..

    What's your opinion of Booze?
    Well, you're right, it DOES sound like alcohol, because he used to smoke WHILE he drank. Double Trouble.

    Alcohol is socially/publicly more accepted than weed. Which is strange to ME, because I find people are way worse, even dangerous, when drunk, than stoned.

    I can't count the amount of times I had to stop drunk friends from punching things(fighting, sometimes even with nothing), crying, running away, or hurting themselves. It's not something I want to be around.

    I see them as both, almost equally bad. . I don't drink(any more, stopped 7 months ago), because I don't like the way it alters my behavior. I don't mind people that drink in small proportions at all, so long as they're not pissed drunk and can still handle themselves.. and drinking doesn't smell as bad as Weed, which is a BIG plus for me, (unless regurgitating your day's lunch is involved)!

    I don't need alcohol/ weed to relax, or go wild. I'm plenty energetic enough for an entire country, and can mellow out instantly if necessary, I tend to gravitate towards people that do the same


    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    If I had to chose, I would date a pot head any day over an alcoholic. Its funny how alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't (in most states anyway.). Alcohol is way more dangerous in my opinion.
    Both can be equally bad... It's all relative to the situation though...

    Both will go broke
    Both alter your brain.
    Both will get caught up in something illegal
    Both will likely do something stupid
    Both will be looking for their next "hit"

    it's a really bad road to go through.

    Isn't Weed the called the Gateway Drug(?). I don't know a lot about this stuff...
    But don't most serious weed smokers get involved with other drugs?
    Please share your opinions. I was actually researching this today, but had no time to read anything.

  3. #43
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Well, you're right, it DOES sound like alcohol, because he used to smoke WHILE he drank. Double Trouble.

    Alcohol is socially/publicly more accepted than weed. Which is strange to ME, because I find people are way worse, even dangerous, when drunk, than stoned.

    I can't count the amount of times I had to stop drunk friends from punching things(fighting, sometimes even with nothing), crying, running away, or hurting themselves. It's not something I want to be around.

    I see them as both, almost equally bad. . I don't drink(any more, stopped 7 months ago), because I don't like the way it alters my behavior. I don't mind people that drink in small proportions at all, so long as they're not pissed drunk and can still handle themselves.. and drinking doesn't smell as bad as Weed, which is a BIG plus for me, (unless regurgitating your day's lunch is involved)!

    I don't need alcohol/ weed to relax, or go wild. I'm plenty energetic enough for an entire country, and can mellow out instantly if necessary, I tend to gravitate towards people that do the same




    Both can be equally bad... It's all relative to the situation though...

    Both will go broke
    Both alter your brain.
    Both will get caught up in something illegal
    Both will likely do something stupid
    Both will be looking for their next "hit"

    it's a really bad road to go through.

    Isn't Weed the called the Gateway Drug(?). I don't know a lot about this stuff...
    But don't most serious weed smokers get involved with other drugs?
    Please share your opinions. I was actually researching this today, but had no time to read anything.
    Give an example of someone doing something really stupid while doing weed alone as opposed to alcohol.

    The "illegal" part of it is what people are trying to change, as there is no evidence towards any negative effects when smoking pot, esp. when comparing to alcohol.

    Also, people who need their next "hit" of weed are no different than many people who need their next hit of caffeine. It's not physically addictive, only psychologically so (and only for some people.) -(Actually, since caffeine DOES have some physical addiction associated with it, I guess you could say it is WORSE in that sense!) No different from people who can get addicted to anything like gambling or sex.

    Also, studies are now showing that there is NO evidence that marijuana is a gateway drug. Above stated are all myths associated with the stigma of legalizing marijuana.

    Also, as we all know, medical marijuana treats symptoms of illness- such as nausea and pain. Without the great physical addictiveness of many of the antiemetics and opiods currently on the market. Like anything, abusers of marijuana will find a way to abuse it whether it is illegal or not.. Even your average "abuser" of marijuana will not have the harmful excess side effects and downward spiral as the abuser of anything else.


    Have you ever smoked pot?
    I'm speaking as someone who smokes very rarely, (once a year or so..) not a lazy stereotypical pot head.

    I agree, the negative effects of alcohol can be countless when abused.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #44
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Give an example of someone doing something really stupid while doing weed alone as opposed to alcohol.

    The "illegal" part of it is what people are trying to change, as there is no evidence towards any negative effects when smoking pot, esp. when comparing to alcohol.

    Also, people who need their next "hit" of weed are no different than many people who need their next hit of caffeine. It's not physically addictive, only psychologically so (and only for some people.) -(Actually, since caffeine DOES have some physical addiction associated with it, I guess you could say it is WORSE in that sense!) No different from people who can get addicted to anything like gambling or sex.

    Also, studies are now showing that there is NO evidence that marijuana is a gateway drug. Above stated are all myths associated with the stigma of legalizing marijuana.

    Also, as we all know, medical marijuana treats symptoms of illness- such as nausea and pain. Without the great physical addictiveness of many of the antiemetics and opiods currently on the market. Like anything, abusers of marijuana will find a way to abuse it whether it is illegal or not.. Even your average "abuser" of marijuana will not have the harmful excess side effects and downward spiral as the abuser of anything else.


    Have you ever smoked pot?
    I'm speaking as someone who smokes very rarely, (once a year or so..) not a lazy stereotypical pot head.
    Ah, I should've been clearer, I was referring to addicts.
    I already mentioned I never tried it, so I can't be sure. This is just stuff I've read off of old articles, not that I care much about it; but it does draw my interest. The whole legal battle of it mainly.
    Why are they always calling it the gateway drug then? Is it to scare people away from trying it?

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Why are they always calling it the gateway drug then? Is it to scare people away from trying it?
    I think it's probably clever statistical tomfoolery. I'm certain that if hard drug users were polled, almost all of them probably tried pot before they moved on to hard drugs. But if you polled pot smokers, the correlation is probably much less with later hard drug use. Reminds me of one of those logic problems. "If all widgets are gadgets..."
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  6. #46
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default







    ROFL! Hilarious...

    Dumb corporations...

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  7. #47
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Ah, I should've been clearer, I was referring to addicts.
    I already mentioned I never tried it, so I can't be sure. This is just stuff I've read off of old articles, not that I care much about it; but it does draw my interest. The whole legal battle of it mainly.
    Why are they always calling it the gateway drug then? Is it to scare people away from trying it?
    They called it the gateway drug when I was in school in "DARE" about 15 years ago. I remember that. It makes sense. Experiment with pot, "oh that makes me feel good, lets try something else." I'm not even sure where it started. That's another thing to research, I guess.

    There's a neat little documentary on Hulu, (pro-legalization, of course. Doesn't seem to mention any of the cons of legalizing, so it is definitely biased.) However, it is entertaining if anything. I haven't made it through the whole thing though, I'm going to finish it this week.

    Oh and remember, addicts of marijuana are different from addicts of physically addictive substances in that they are not going to go lying, stealing, and killing for the drug. Because they don't actually physically need their next dose for their well being. Kind of like chocolate addicts. (Like how I am lessening the comparison every time? Next thing you know I'll be saying- "kind of like addicts of water." ) But anyway, you know what I mean.

    Also, I'd still like to see an example of even the heaviest abuser of weed doing something terribly dumb. Maybe they are out there, but I've personally never seen it. The heaviest smokers I've seen tend to sit in their room alone and eat too much and obtain a cough.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  8. #48
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Why not just people based on their actions?

    Weed isn't an excuse for anything. If someone is lazy, think of them as lazy.

    It's a bit different if they're so over the top with weed that it suggests some self-destructive tendency that will likely negatively affect you.

  9. #49
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Why not just people based on their actions?

    Weed isn't an excuse for anything. If someone is lazy, think of them as lazy.

    It's a bit different if they're so over the top with weed that it suggests some self-destructive tendency that will likely negatively affect you.
    Exactly.. Any behavior taken to a great obsession or addiction is cause for concern. Whether it is the meth addict or the person who eats so many carrots that they turn orange.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  10. #50
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    3. The fact that weed is illegal and the person is doing it gives me some pause. It is the principle of it for me. Once one thing becomes a decision each time, lots of other instances of following the law can become time by time decisions, rather than foregone conclusions. I don't care for the attitude behind that or the risk that it could inadvertantly put on me.
    Seriously?

    Would you say the same thing about a jay-walker? A person that drives a mile an hour over the speed limit?

    Also, what if weed were legal (like in CA if you have a club card)?

    7. The money going to buy weed supports people that I don't want to support. If my SO was regularly smoking pot, I would have an ethical problem with where the money was going to and how it was affecting many others in our country and beyond.
    What about pharmaceutical companies and doctors? That market is much more corrupt.

Similar Threads

  1. Nancy Botwin from Weeds
    By Wind Up Rex in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM
  2. Should military enlistees & immigrants be given a polygraph to weed out fanatics
    By evilrobot in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 01:07 AM
  3. Imagining people...on weed!
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
  4. Pipe smokers
    By Valiant in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:13 AM
  5. Weed becoming the new bio fuel
    By Sahara in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO