User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Weed Smokers

Weed effects people in different ways, it doesnt make all people dumb, unmotivated, and lazy. Just depends on the person. I hate when people automatically think because you smoke weed your a loser and that you might unmotivated, thats not true for all people.

Not eveyone uses to self medicate either... it can be like drinking a lovely tea .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Drinking a lovely tea is an experience. Most don't do that on a several times a day basis. Smoking pot several times a day indicates self-medication rather than occasional enjoyment and savouring IME.

True, I have a close friend who smokes to self medicate. He has ADHD and is pretty aggressive with out smoking weed. He doesn't take ridalin or adderall so he smokes weed instead. It really helps me be more functional. He isnt lazy at all! He is actually more pleasant to be around and more productive as well.

I dont like to smoke weed much myself though, because Im one of those people who turns in to an idiot lol! If I ever do smoke its before I go to bed to relax.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Drinking a lovely tea is an experience. Most don't do that on a several times a day basis. Smoking pot several times a day indicates self-medication rather than occasional enjoyment and savouring IME.
    Maybe it's because I live in California and the culture here is different in this regard, but I beg to differ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    yupp

I like weed, but I don't smoke during the semester but thats because I'd just be high and not go to class ever. But I do smoke it on breaks and I enjoy it but I also know people who are highly functional indiviuduals get their shit done makes a's and b's hold down jobs that are pot heads.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Oberon

It appears from the posts here that pot is fairly analogous to alcohol in its social impact, with the important difference that it's illegal.

Some people can handle it, some people can't, and its influence should never be seen in the workplace.

MBTI
    intP

Thanks for the responses. I was curious what other peoples' views are.

I used to be a habitual smoker, like multiple times a day. I was self medicating for a while; I've since found more productive, stimulating things to do with my time and healthier ways to manage my mood.

It didn't affect my grades much: I got through undergrad with two majors and an A- average. It did keep me from getting out and socializing which is my biggest regret from my time as an undergrad.

I still think its a nice way to relax and increase enjoyment of enjoyable things but the fuzzy brain weed hangover makes it just not worth it anymore. I still appreciate the rituals and social aspects of it.

The criminality of it is a real turnoff too. I've got stuff to lose now and all the drug violence south of us is horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    If I ever do smoke its before I go to bed to relax.
    Improving sleep quality is probably the most productive use of weed IMO.

I like the idea that occasionally smoking displays both open mindedness and self-control.

figsfiggyfigs

Never tried it, or any other sort of drug really.

At one point I was curious to try it, but I outgrew the curiosity quickly.

My ex , who I liked very much, was an occasional smoker. I didn't really have a problem with the IDEA; but the reality of it caused me to do so.
    I couldn't stand watching him get stoned, act like an idiot, and then fall asleep on my kitchen floor.

Personally, I prefer to be around people that don't smoke weed( mostly because of the smell). My close circle of friends are all drug free, and some of my other friends smoke it.

However, I would NEVER date someone who smoked weed ever again.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Never tried it, or any other sort of drug really.

At one point I was curious to try it, but I outgrew the curiosity quickly.

My ex , who I liked very much, was an occasional smoker. I didn't really have a problem with the IDEA; but the reality of it caused me to do so.
    I couldn't stand watching him get stoned, act like an idiot, and then fall asleep on my kitchen floor.

Personally, I prefer to be around people that don't smoke weed( mostly because of the smell). My close circle of friends are all drug free, and some of my other friends smoke it.

However, I would NEVER date someone who smoked weed ever again.
    That sounds like alcohol..
    Maybe the odd person gets like that on weed.. But almost anyone and everyone gets like that when they drink..

What's your opinion of Booze?

If I had to chose, I would date a pot head any day over an alcoholic. Its funny how alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't (in most states anyway.). Alcohol is way more dangerous in my opinion.