User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The questions is pretty self explanatory. Do you think other people regard you as physically attractive, and do you think that affects the range of experiences you have in your life? Are people nicer or blasé towards based on your level of physically attractiveness?

If you were ugly as a mule, do you think people would respond to you quite in the same way?
    I had this conversation a while ago with my infp friend, she told me how she figured how much guys treat her different when she's lookign good and isnt, and not only the ones who want to sleep with her, those who dont want to in either situation. Simple politeness.
    I noticed the same a long time ago.. and we both agreed how that offends us, when you know someone is nice only bc he likes you physically and you can see he's kind of person who wouldnt be nice at all if you arent attractive to him. but if i see that someone treats all people with respect regardless looks - a big plus.
    i am not talking about flirting with people, you will flirt only with the ones you are attracted to. i am talking about the level of respect you speak with people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i feel like i see beauty in other peoples essence all the time...i am not blind to the conventional definitions of beauty but i don't feel like i share them a whole lot either.

it is difficult for me to find many so called sexy male models attractive even...unless there's something that i sense beyond the surface that i find appealing.

attractiveness is such an odd mix of things for me...it's very difficult to describe...not to say at all that i'm not drawn to beauty like most people but...i have to feel they have emotional beauty as well i guess.

as far as how i'm perceived...it's difficult to say because i can't separate who i am from how i look...meaning that i believe who i am shines through the way i look...just as everyone does...but...yeah everyone is always very nice and complimentary to me....i've never had a negative self image or was very concerned with the way i looked.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm a shallow bastard. I don't understand anything you all are typing. Explain.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is something that's been on my mind recently. Yeah, attractiveness is important, though not the most important. I feel shallow admiting it.

I'm recently single and am getting into shape because eventually I'll be trying to meet someone, someone attractive to me. I have been married for 14 years to a woman that I've never been physically attracted to that I met on the internet. Though, to tell the truth what it came down to in the end wasn't physical attractiveness, but personality attractiveness.

I have a wide range of people that I find attractive, and just looking like you care for yourself, I've noticed, makes a world of difference to me. As for my own attractiveness, I have very dim self image, I'm very ignorant when it comes down to pinning down peoples reaction to me, I honestly don't know. So, I can't say how that might affect how people treat me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've gone into places with sweats and seen their reaction when I'm dressed up. Its obvious, the physical is a big deal.
    Oh, its
    You

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I especially like those that make the most of their natural beauty, instead of trying to be something they're not, because it happens to be the mainstream idea of beauty. (take eyelid corrections for asians, and skin-whitening for black people, white people tanning their skins like mad as it gives a 'healthier' look and people colouring their gorgeous red hair coz they're embarassed of it, stuff like that).
    Rejection of self to some degree.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The questions is pretty self explanatory. Do you think other people regard you as physically attractive, and do you think that affects the range of experiences you have in your life? Are people nicer or blasé towards based on your level of physically attractiveness?

If you were ugly as a mule, do you think people would respond to you quite in the same way?
    I'm not photogenic at all, but yes. People think I am attractive, at least a bit above average.
    People seem to respond well to the fact that I keep in shape and care for my appearance and the way I act/carry myself.
    I am not particularly beautiful or such. Each person holds potential, though.
    That should be harnessed.
    If I were truly ugly, yes, I know people would respond differently.

I think that most people can be good-looking.
    It's just a matter of physical exercise, taste/style and a bit of effort.
    The exterior of a person, if said person hasn't been hideously redecorated in the face etc, reflects who he or she is.
    If a person cares enough to look and not least of all behave well, they deserve credit for it.
    If a person looks like the pale, fat underside of a garden slug with five days of stubble, you're most likely a lazy person who just doesn't care enough about others or yourself enough to matter much to me.

Beauty is another matter, and I do not treat incredibly beautiful people any different.
    Seldom do I find them more attractive for relationships, either, because they tend to not have their feet planted in reality.
    Huge, unmotivated egos etc. Not having obstacles also seems to halt mental development and the gathering of knowledge.
    Not in all cases, just quite generally. It's amazing how some people can get away with certain behavioral traits associated with beauty.
    I've seen a trend towards that ending, though. At least in Sweden.
    Although, we are a country with a very high standard in the looks department.
    Because people here generally care a lot about how they present themselves.
    On the other hand, we have a lower percentage of real beauties compared to, say, France.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    as far as how i'm perceived...it's difficult to say because i can't separate who i am from how i look...meaning that i believe who i am shines through the way i look...just as everyone does...
    I've always had problem with this idea of "who I am shines through how I look". I think people are deeper than that and also at times wear masks.

Also, what does that say about someone that became disfigured after a burning accident or something? No longer has personality?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

doesn't matter...you have to look beyond what's in front of you...who that person is would still be evident.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    doesn't matter...you have to look beyond what's in front of you...who that person is would still be evident.
    Well take your pick. Does it matter or does it not matter? Does it shine through the way you look or not? Can you separate yourself from the way you look or not?