User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 146

  1. #21
    Senior Member MonkeyGrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Attracting mates is only meant to make both individuals fuck each other. It's not meant to form any sort of enduring relationship, which is what in theory a great percentage of people seek in this world.
    And, theoretically, in an endearing relationship, the more you care about the other person's inner qualities, the greater your perception of their physical attractiveness.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Attracting mates is only meant to make both individuals fuck each other. It's not meant to form any sort of enduring relationship, which is what in theory a great percentage of people seek in this world.
    Hmmm...yes but I've noticed that there are extremely physically attractive people who aren't very intelligent. And apparently boys inheret intelligence completely from the mothers genes, so if you mate with a beautiful but unintelligent woman...

    Also, we live now in a time where people can hide a multitude of genetic flaws. Beauty can be bought.

  3. #23
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hmmm...yes but I've noticed that there are extremely physically attractive people who aren't very intelligent. And apparently boys inheret intelligence completely from the mothers genes, so if you mate with a beautiful but unintelligent woman...

    Also, we live now in a time where people can hide a multitude of genetic flaws. Beauty can be bought.
    Where did you read that? I'd love to see the source!!

    edit: I found some. Fascinating, I can't believe I missed this.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii
    Posts
    849

    Default

    For me, this thread has become a serious argument for why meeting people on the internet is a better way to get an honest assessment of a potential mate. I used to think it was a bad idea, given my past experiences, but now I'm at the very least more open to the possibility.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Where did you read that? I'd love to see the source!!
    Intelligence is influenced by gender chromosomes? - Yahoo! Answers

    Getting Smarter by Strengthening the Fragile X Chromosome | Boles University Blog

  6. #26
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    For me, this thread has become a serious argument for why meeting people on the internet is a better way to get an honest assessment of a potential mate. I used to think it was a bad idea, given my past experiences, but now I'm at the very least more open to the possibility.
    Agreed--I have never really understood the concept of starting a relationship with someone based on the fact that you found them attractive in a public setting. I'm always pretty wary of people wanting to get to know me based on looks alone.

    I tend to want to hang out with or observe a person for a while before I even know if I find them attractive. It's the whole picture. The internet can be good for getting to know each other's personalities first, but it can't tell you whether you'll have chemistry with a person. And I don't mean just sexual chemistry, but the chemistry of your two personalities being a good, effortless, fun one.
    Something Witty

  7. #27
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    For me, this thread has become a serious argument for why meeting people on the internet is a better way to get an honest assessment of a potential mate. I used to think it was a bad idea, given my past experiences, but now I'm at the very least more open to the possibility.
    I've met some of my best-friends through the internet. I think people are generally more open and honest on here. edit: Less caring about your physical appearance as well!

    btw Sytpg

    Don't misunderstand me, I would never start a relationship with someone purely based on physical attraction, but it does have an effect on my initial interest in a man, he doesn't have to be mind blowingly sexy, but I NEED to feel some sort of physical attraction! I'm sure everyone feels that way.

    Does he attract me?
    Is he healthy?
    ----Physical inspection done, moves on to other attributes -------

    Is he a good person?
    Is he kind?
    Is he smart?

    yadda yadda yadda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I tend to want to hang out with or observe a person for a while before I even know if I find them attractive. It's the whole picture. The internet can be good for getting to know each other's personalities first, but it can't tell you whether you'll have chemistry with a person. And I don't mean just sexual chemistry, but the chemistry of your two personalities being a good, effortless, fun one.

    Agree, I've met some pretty good looking guys, who I downgrade to the lowest Level of Ugly as soon as they open their mouth.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    How do you FIND/GET a person for said relationship?? You must _____ them.

    Sex wasn't even on the brain this time!!!
    You must fuck them? To start a relationship? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    And, theoretically, in an endearing relationship, the more you care about the other person's inner qualities, the greater your perception of their physical attractiveness.
    Which is yet another thing that clouds "the truth". When you break up that person will stop looking as beautiful if you didn't find her/him attractive in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Hmmm...yes but I've noticed that there are extremely physically attractive people who aren't very intelligent. And apparently boys inheret intelligence completely from the mothers genes, so if you mate with a beautiful but unintelligent woman...

    Also, we live now in a time where people can hide a multitude of genetic flaws. Beauty can be bought.
    Well sure, we instinctively seek the best qualities for our offspring. But we don't want those relationships merely to procreate, that's what I meant. People want to be happy together first and foremost.

    Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    For me, this thread has become a serious argument for why meeting people on the internet is a better way to get an honest assessment of a potential mate. I used to think it was a bad idea, given my past experiences, but now I'm at the very least more open to the possibility.
    What if when you meet irl the person doesn't find you attractive? What if your mannerisms aren't pleasing to the other person?

    I think this thread should be a serious argument for why communicating and really getting to know someone before starting a relationship is a better approach. What Tallulah said.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii
    Posts
    849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Agreed--I have never really understood the concept of starting a relationship with someone based on the fact that you found them attractive in a public setting. I'm always pretty wary of people wanting to get to know me based on looks alone.

    I tend to want to hang out with or observe a person for a while before I even know if I find them attractive. It's the whole picture. The internet can be good for getting to know each other's personalities first, but it can't tell you whether you'll have chemistry with a person. And I don't mean just sexual chemistry, but the chemistry of your two personalities being a good, effortless, fun one.
    Oh, it definitely can in my opinion. I've had at least one situation where the chemistry was so strong I found it very difficult not to notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post

    What if when you meet irl the person doesn't find you attractive? What if your mannerisms aren't pleasing to the other person?

    I think this thread should be a serious argument for why communicating and really getting to know someone before starting a relationship is a better approach. What Tallulah said.
    Honestly, in the situation I'm thinking of, I couldn't care less if she was as fat as a walrus or as skinny as a broomstick or however ugly she was. She was such an intelligent and witty person with whom I had great chemistry that I'm pretty sure her looks would have made absolutely no difference to me. Tough for me to say, without actually having done it, but yeah... that was my feeling. And if she doesn't find me attractive, she doesn't find me attractive.

    I think with the physical distractions aside, meeting someone on the internet makes what you're saying a whole lot easier to do. That's basically what i meant.

  10. #30
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You must fuck them? To start a relationship? Why?
    I fell right into that one. Damn you.

Similar Threads

  1. How it is to be an atheist?
    By Rasofy in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 04:34 PM
  3. [NF] NFs: how important is the 'right' city/country for you?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO