User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No. I'm not physically attractive. Most of the chicks whose hearts I win its down to being good humoured, good natured and a combination of NLP, psychology, cold reading and other charm/mind trickery.

I'd love to be more physically attractive.

LOOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I think it has more importance than I dare to admit. Think about encountering a person who is attractive but has one eye looking at the wrong direction. Would you take everything they say as seriously as from a person with straight eyes?

I am balancing between two poles here. I don't want to "take care" of myself because I don't like the idea that my looks matter much. But, I wouldn't like to miss out on anything because people think I am a second-class citizen. I mean, my style of clothing and so on, it probably does look like some sort of hippie-bum. I would be attractive to many more people if I cut my hair and got some regular clothes, I am sure of this. I don't know, maybe I will...

To be honest, this subject annoys me a bit... so yes, it matters, and I don't know how to respond to that.
    I would (and do). What kind of fucked up world is this anyway??!

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I managed to not really answer the OP. Hm.

Yes. I think one can tend to get preferential treatment based on looks alone, unfortunately.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    I find that I am so unbelievably attractive that I have to dress myself down to hobo level to ward away the excessive attention that makes me so uncomfortable as an introvert.
    I seriously used to do that in my early 20's so that men would stop talking to me on the street or in the store.

It's bizarre to be treated that way. When I was extremely young I thought all women were treated that way, with rare exceptions of extreme obesity or ugliness, and then when I got into my late 20's I found differently...of course, I do think it happens to most girls when they are in their late teens.

I feel really bad for models because they are considered "great beauties" and it's no wonder to me why they're so insecure and competitive. I was never a great beauty...in fact, I never thought I'd learn to see the truth in the sentiment that it's harder for beautiful women to age. I never considered myself "a beauty." I think perhaps women of a certain age and figure just attract more male attention.

My mother, in her early 50's, who was very attractive until she was around 45...and is amazed that the men who used to open doors for her are now rude and dismissive of her. I'm so thrilled I have that to look forward to.

I'm not complaining, I'm not bragging, I'm just stating a fact that I think a lot of young women aren't fully aware of. And I certainly think men are judged by different standards, indeed.

I'm embarrassed to even post this, but I do think it's relevant.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    It's a world that is dominated by a species of sentient primates. We (mostly) don't throw poo, but we haven't come as far as we like to think, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

People generally regard me as physically attractive, and I do think I get some extra consideration because of it in some instances. However, sometimes people make other assumptions before getting to know me. Sometimes people assume if you're "pretty" that you a) aren't smart, b) think you're superior, c) are shallow, d) have gone through life with everything handed to you. I noticed when I was in grad school, you tended to get a lot more "smart cred" if you didn't wear makeup and put on clothes from the floor of your closet without checking to see if they matched. Ridiculous, but true.

I tend to underestimate my appearance, if anything, and definitely didn't grow up thinking of myself as pretty. I was a nerd in high school and kind of always tend to think of myself that way. I definitely get more attention in my 30s than I did in my teens.

The funny thing is, if I see a traditionally good-looking guy, I tend to assume he's had women throwing themselves at him from a young age, and thus avoid flirting with him.
    Something Witty

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Heh, yeah, I guess I do too... maybe I should say "I would like to have the option to miss out", and yeah, in a way I do have it since I make sure that no one will take me seriously...

I mean, the thing is, I am single and unemployed. I am having hard time with the idea that this could be because I am not presentable. Because it may very well be that.

"He's nice and all, but he doesn't fit the company's image"

"He's nice and all, but I wouldn't take him to meet my mother"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe
    It's a world that is dominated by a species of sentient primates. We (mostly) don't throw poo, but we haven't come as far as we like to think, IMO.
    My idealism is gonna kill me one day, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    The funny thing is, if I see a traditionally good-looking guy, I tend to assume he's had women throwing themselves at him from a young age, and thus avoid flirting with him.
    Me too. Well with girls anyway.

figsfiggyfigs

Well, if you want to attract mates who's DNA you seek, physical attractiveness IS important. Saying otherwise is delusional. Of course, looks can only take you so far.

I think I'm attractive enough. I can be quite the charmer you know * licks hand and smooths hair over*

edit:

I also find that the longer I know someone who's company I enjoy, the more attractive they become; which also works vice versa.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Well, if you want to attract mates who's DNA you seek, physical attractiveness IS important. Saying otherwise is delusional. Of course, looks can only take you so far.
    Attracting mates is only meant to make both individuals fuck each other. It's not meant to form any sort of enduring relationship, which is what in theory a great percentage of people seek in this world.

figsfiggyfigs

Attracting mates is only meant to make both individuals fuck each other. It's not meant to form any sort of enduring relationship, which is what in theory a great percentage of people seek in this world.

How do you FIND/GET a person for said relationship?? You must _____ them.

Sex wasn't even on the brain this time!!!