User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Wow, what a convoluted interpretation of what Lady X said. I think all she was trying to say was that a person's aura and personality comes through as part of their physical beauty. The inner self shines through for good or bad eventually, which will also be displayed in what they say and their mannerisms. You do get a sense of a person, which either adds to or detracts from their objective physical attractiveness.

I do also know for a fact that you can look the same and completely change how people perceive you based on your inner sense of openness and confidence. You can flip a switch internally, almost.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESFP

I am shallow. Horribly shallow.

The way I look is very important to me. I am not ugly, nor am I gorgeous. I am very into clothing especially. I like when people express themselves. Hollister clones, even if attractive..annoy me. I dress kind of quirky...and I feel weird if I am around people that are too normal.

I do think that the way a person acts or is inside makes a huge difference. You tend to view a person as more attractive if they are individuals that you enjoy being around. If you hate a person, even if by human standards they are incredibly attractive, they will be rather ugly in my mind.
    "The best things in life are silly" - Scott Adams

MBTI
    ISFJ

Tallulah : "I think all she was trying to say was that a person's aura and personality comes through as part of their physical beauty."

And what does that entail exactly? Are you saying some guy out there couldn't have the same personality I do, with a different face? That's the whole prejudice I thought Lady X didn't agree with in the first place.

The beauty of someone's smile for example is not controlled or related to personality. It's related to genes and muscles.

I don't get how exactly my interpretation is convoluted when we even agreed on the subject a couple of posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    and that's that? please don't assign your version of fact to my thoughts on the matter.
    You weren't interested to share your true thoughts on the matter (past knee-deep level that is) from the get go so I realized it didn't matter. And it doesn't matter if I'm assigning my version of the facts to your thoughts, because you wouldn't be willing to explain your version anyway if I were.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Tallulah : "I think all she was trying to say was that a person's aura and personality comes through as part of their physical beauty."

And what does that entail exactly? Are you saying some guy out there couldn't have the same personality I do, with a different face? That's the whole prejudice I thought Lady X didn't agree with in the first place.

The beauty of someone's smile for example is not controlled or related to personality. It's related to genes and muscles.

I don't get how exactly my interpretation is convoluted when we even agreed on the subject a couple of posts ago.

You weren't interested to share your true thoughts on the matter (past knee-deep level that is) from the get go so I realized it didn't matter. And it doesn't matter if I'm assigning my version of the facts to your thoughts, because you wouldn't be willing to explain your version anyway if I were.
    wtf? just because you are incapable of seeing it the same as i do does not mean it's any less true...for me.

those were my thoughts...and i don't think we ever did agree on this because you are not understanding my perspective.

ones smile does not only convey their genes or facial muscles...i don't even know how to see it as shallow as all that...and you call my level knee deep...wtf sy.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

wtf? just because you are incapable of seeing it the same as i do does not mean it's any less true...for me.

those were my thoughts...and i don't think we ever did agree on this because you are not understanding my perspective.

ones smile does not only convey their genes or facial muscles...i don't even know how to see it as shallow as all that...and you call my level knee deep...wtf sy.
    What, are you gonna enter mystical territory then? So people that draw other to themselves with their body language and physical charm....it means they are beautiful people inside too then?

I didn't say one's smile conveys ones genes and facial muscles. I said one's smile is limited by ones genes and facial muscles. I'm not to blame if my smile is less attractive than Brad Pitt's even if my personality could (subjectively of course) be more appealing to one particular girl than that of Brad Pitt's.

If I smile at someone and another guy smiles at that same someone, my smile won't be read as in any way more attractive just because I might have a more beautiful personality. You can't read the intent behind one's smile just like that. You can't read people's heads.

And we agreed that one's physical appearance does matter. Or are you gonna deny that and have me quote you again?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

What, are you gonna enter mystical territory then? So people that draw other to themselves with their body language and physical charm....it means they are beautiful people inside too then?

I didn't say one's smile conveys ones genes and facial muscles. I said one's smile is limited by ones genes and facial muscles. I'm not to blame if my smile is less attractive than Brad Pitt's even if my personality could (subjectively of course) be more appealing to one particular girl than that of Brad Pitt's.

If I smile at someone and another guy smiles at that same someone, my smile won't be read as in any way more attractive just because I might have a more beautiful personality. You can't read the intent behind one's smile just like that. You can't read people's heads.

And we agreed that one's physical appearance does matter. Or are you gonna deny that and have me quote you again?
    wow...i just totally lost interest in this conversation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

wow...i just totally lost interest in this conversation.
    lol I like how succinct your posts are in response to my trying to be more clear. Whatever.

Phantonym

How important is to be physically attractive for you?
    I realized a very, very long time ago that I can't make people see me as a physically attractive person no matter what I could ever do. Some might, others won't. I would love to say that it matters nothing to me. However, I'm eternally destined to be plagued by my shortcomings...in every aspect really, not only physical. But so are everybody else. No matter what you look like or who you are, there will always be somebody who treats you in the worst possible way just because you happen to deviate from their standards. It's sad really...how people make life difficult for themselves and others.

Hmmm...I guess blocking the urge to get into exploring the answers to those kinds of questions is helpful if one intends to have a good night's sleep...or life.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, some people look beautiful because of physical appearance. With others personality makes them that much more attractive...I can tell the difference, as can lady x, and I wouldn't go as far as to say that's "mystical" but it might be.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yes, some people look beautiful because of physical appearance. With others personality makes them that much more attractive...I can tell the difference, as can lady x, and I wouldn't go as far as to say that's "mystical" but it might be.
    The issue here is that the intent I had with the thread assumed from the beginning that physical attraction is objective, purely aesthetically attraction.

If a person being nice on the inside makes you more attracted to her/him (which is something I can relate to, let's not get confused)....that I'm not counting as physical attraction. That is mental attraction. It doesn't make you more physically attracted to that person. Sure it makes the idea of intimacy more pleasing....but it's still a separate thing.

Physical attraction = body. Dead body even.
    Mental attraction = mind, personality
    Sexual attraction = can require only body or mind attraction or both, depending on the person