User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Your page can be anything you want it to be. Mine's rarely about my life. But it's true about the mixing people part.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hate it, won't use it. I'm much too private a person to have a public page about my life. It's boring. I don't need to keep in contact with everyone in the world. I do tend to have circles of friends that wouldn't mix well with each other. And yes, if you want to talk to me, it's not that hard to send a text or email.
    +1.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Everything about it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm pretty unabashedly pro-Facebook. Today I had lunch with my uncle's ex-wife, who was kinder to me than my "real" aunts were when I was a child, but who was shunned by the rest of the family when she divorced my uncle. I don't think we would have reconnected without Facebook. And it makes keeping up with people easier for hermits like me. I'm going to do as much in-person socializing as I'm going to do, with or without Facebook, so Facebook just bridges the gap between other people's expectations of me and what I'm able to deliver.

Oh.. I kind of like the whole "circle of friends" mixing thing. I feel like they're all getting a more accurate picture of who I am that way. I love it when I post a link to something I think is funny, and I get family, church friends, forum friends, and mom friends all chiming in on it.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I used to have a Facebook account that I eventually deleted. I wasn't signing into it enough to make it worth my time. I got annoyed with friends who just wanted to post Farmville status updates, quiz results, and who wanted to detail every second of their lives. I also have issues with their privacy settings. I know how to change the settings to limit who has access to what but I'm bothered that they made the default settings so *anyone* can see what you post.

For the most part I don't miss facebook. It was taking up alot of my time to keep up with it and if people really want to contact me, they can always email, text, IM, or phone me. There are other options. Still, there a few people, I feel like I've almost totally lost touch with because Facebook is their primary means of communication. So I've been tempted to set up a new account just so I don't completely lose touch with some people.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

[youtube=6rNgCnY1lPg]Friendface[/youtube]
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Ginkgo

I enjoy it because it provides a useful avenue for me to stalk you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i like it just fine. My email is for school/work related stuff, my phone is crap and i don't like talking on the phone anyway, so it's one of the better ways to contact me for personal stuff. It allows my mom and dad to see pics from parties and events and stuff...they like talking to me and my friends friends and seeing what we're up to; there's nothing on there they don't already know. some of the games are fun for about seconds, too.

i don't show up on search results, and the only people who can friend request me are friends of friends. i check up on my privacy settings from time to time, even if the policies haven't changed, it's not difficult. If i don't want someone to see what i'm up to, then i don't add them as a friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I like it. I don't really see why it is such a polarizing thing. I don't know what the big deal is... it is just another way to communicate, and you can use it if you want or you don't have to. I know people on other forums who don't even participate in facebook but are always posting things about how much it sucks. It's like move on already.

I use it to post photos and keep up with various happenings. I have some circles of friends that I'm sure never would have really developed without it. There are some that kind of grew and are growing on facebook but we only see each other once in a while.

I also use it so that You'reWrongI'mRight can stalk me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I used to *hate* it and only signed up once I stopped getting invites to hang out with groups of friends, because it's so commonplace that it's assumed everyone has that information.

Now, I think it's not so bad. I like keeping somewhat involved with the people in my Canadian life while I put down some roots here in the U.S.

Plus, it's advantageous. People change names, addresses, phone numbers, but if they're on FB it's a constant. You can keep contact with people who you might drift away from. And it's not like drifting away is bad--I think it's good and means people are growing and following their paths. But, for instance, if I want some advice on buying a piece of audio equipment I can FB a guy from high school I've rarely seen since and it's not weird. It'd be weird to send him an email--to personal for the superficial information I'd like him to help me with.

There's nothing wrong with superficial relationships. The problem exists when all of your relationships are that way.

(FWIW, I haven't given any Americans my FB and have it on the highest security setting. I currently just have people from my Canadian life on there.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis