User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Sept. 11, 2001

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I personally felt very little about the 9/11 thing. People die all over the world in tragedies all the time. Yes, this was a sad thing that happened, but just because it happened to be inside America doesn't mean I should care more about those dead people.

People dying is sad, and bad. Sure. 3k people? Yeah, it's a lot, but more die every day.

I never really felt more affinity for Americans than anyone else.

figsfiggyfigs

I was in 7th grade. My teachers started treating me like dirt after that...

I remember my teacher passing around donation papers the day after, and literally slapped it in front of my desk and said " I know some of you don't care, and won't donate, but I'm authorized to give you this, even if it's pointless.. "

I was like O_O!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I was in class. Teacher turned on the TV after the first plane hit, when we all still thought it was an accident. We watched the 2nd plane hit live. We pretty much spent the rest of the school day watching TV because every 3 minutes the office would make an announcement for a student to come to the office. Parents were all picking up their kids.

My odd connection to this was.... I had been gaming with a guy online for 2-3 years who I knew worked in the WTC. He washed windows. He had posted pictures on our gaming forums of him standing on scaffolding on the outside of the top of the WTC before. ("Balls of Steel" he said. He'd been on the roof of the WTC before looking down over the edge.) I immediately wondered if he was alive.

As it turns out, he was on break and had taken the elevator down to the basement levels (where there was a shopping center) to buy a DVD. His entire crew died. He only lived because he happened to go to the basement that day. When the elevators dropped down the shafts, they sent shards of metal flying through the basement when they hit the floors. He had a big chunk of metal go through his hand from that and still can't close his fist the whole way.

Crazy stuff.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post

I remember my teacher passing around donation papers the day after, and literally slapped it in front of my desk and said " I know some of you don't care, and won't donate, but I'm authorized to give you this, even if it's pointless.. "

I was like O_O!
    Srsly? Did you alert the school principal or at least tell your parents?

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Srsly? Did you alert the school principal or at least tell your parents?
    No, I didn't, no one would've cared. It was terrible. People were being harassed all the time for a few months after.

Here's the little brown kid who's complaining to her principle about being mistreated, the day after 9/11. Ya I didn't want to be that kid.

I can't imagine how it was for Arabic people in America!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Is this some kind of sick joke?
    No, I believe he is serious. That's hardcore NT at work.

I can see his logic, however, I do not agree that it's a good thing, no one deserved to die, and worse, be killed .

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I was like O_O!
    What the fuck? If that happened to me, I'd make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that that bitch/asshole got their ass fired - 9/11 or not. Fucking ridiculous.

**EDIT**
    No, I didn't, no one would've cared. It was terrible. People were being harassed all the time for a few months after.

Here's the little brown kid who's complaining to her principle about being mistreated, the day after 9/11. Ya I didn't want to be that kid.

Yeah, I guess... Fucking teachers.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Man. That's just wrong. I mean. I can see this happening. People are irrational, and teachers are people, but I still think it's wrong. It's like if a doctor would do a terrible job treating an Arabic patient who had nothing to do with what happened on 9/11. I'd be pissed, but I understand why you kept your mouth shut.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I can't remember what I was doing, I can't remember how I found out, and I can't remember my reaction when I found out... Not sure why.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh man. Was just remembering my mom's story. She's in social work and had to take a handicapped girl to the hospital that day. Well, we live in central PA and the hospital she had to go to was in Somerset - where the plane went down. They were close enough that the hospital shook from the impact of the plane hitting the field.

The whole hospital went into lockdown. She couldn't leave for hours.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was alone in my apartment, and I had just woken up and it was on the news. I was in Vegas so I was physically pretty far removed from what was actually happening, but it still frightened me none the less.

I had been out on a date with a guy the night before who was planning to fly to Europe THAT DAY. I called him, and his reaction was totally different than mine...it didn't even make him afraid to fly. I think he was more pissed that there might be any delay in his vacation plans.

I remember my bff was dating a man of Pakistani descent when this happened, and he happened to be on a business trip and he was frightened to leave his hotel room because he was afraid that Americans would attack him for looking Arabic, even though he's an American citizen and an atheist.