User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I change message boards according to my interest of the moment. It's always just one at a time though. No offense to anyone here, but I bet I get bored of MBTI eventually.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    i think this means you win. i dont know what you have won, but definitley something!
    How about a free one-way trip back to the United States with about $8,000 to pay off urgent debts and start off somewhere fresh? Cuz that would be super.

garbage

I eventually said "screw it" and now I have an AI bot to post updates for me on Twitter. It's entertaining, unlike posts about tacos.

Facebook is useful for pictures and events, but, yeah, I really don't want to hear about tacos.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    some of my friends seem to think it's fun to tell everyone their daily agenda...whhhyy? i don't get it...they're like...off to go eat tacos now yum! ummm....???
    Maybe they hope someone will chase them or something. An old friend, maybe. Or a crush. Maybe they just want to attract stalkers. Or even serial killers. You never know what's in other people's minds.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Smile Centred and Off Centre

Quote Originally Posted by ubee0173 View Post
    i just realized that i enjoy reading/posting on here way more than facebook or other such things. why didnt i realize this sooner? i mean its basically like people watching, or talking to people in a bar (minus the drinking and physical presence of creeps) i love people. i love learning about people. so im just a bit shocked that i didnt figure this out a bit faster. derp. anyone else get social-networking burnout?
    I've never used any social networking site. This is my first introduction to the internet. I was invited here by a member called Geoff who told me this was a tolerant and well run site. And it is.

I have found the site socially challenging and it has also given me the chance to develop my writerly side.

I feel I have more to develop but I am not sure in which direction to go.

I like the idea of conversation and I like the idea of video. Perhaps video conversation might be the way to go.

Being on Central has taught me my weaknesses and my strengths. My biggest strength is my ability to write from my centre. And my biggest weakness is my desire to be understood. And as I am frequently not understood, this peeves me.

Nonetheless writing from my centre is so enlivening and so surprising that it outweighs the loss of understanding.

I think writing from my centre is so enlivening because it takes moral courage in the face of the lack of understanding.

And moral courage is so deeply refreshing it is worth all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

I would like to meet others who can write from their centre so I joined a poetry site called, "Elite Skills", but interestingly there was less feedback or conversation than there is here.

Also it has become interesting for me to discover why most don't write from their centre. What do they do instead? How do they rationalise it to themselves? And what emotions drive them?

So I am interested in those who can speak from their centre and those who speak from off centre. And we are blessed with both here.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I've never used any social networking site. This is my first introduction to the internet. I was invited here by a member called Geoff who told me this was a tolerant and well run site. And it is.

I have found the site socially challenging and it has also given me the chance to develop my writerly side.

I feel I have more to develop but I am not sure in which direction to go.

I like the idea of conversation and I like the idea of video. Perhaps video conversation might be the way to go.

Being on Central has taught me my weaknesses and my strengths. My biggest strength is my ability to write from my centre. And my biggest weakness is my desire to be understood. And as I am frequently not understood, this peeves me.

Nonetheless writing from my centre is so enlivening and so surprising that it outweighs the loss of understanding.

I think writing from my centre is so enlivening because it takes moral courage in the face of the lack of understanding.

And moral courage is so deeply refreshing it is worth all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

I would like to meet others who can write from their centre so I joined a poetry site called, "Elite Skills", but interestingly there was less feedback or conversation than there is here.

Also it has become interesting for me to discover why most don't write from their centre. What do they do instead? How do they rationalise it to themselves? And what emotions drive them?

So I am interested in those who can speak from their centre and those who speak from off centre. And we are blessed with both here.
    i found that most poetry sites are run by people who only want people to notice their writing and see it as some sort of competition instead of an outlet or a way to find other like minded writers. there is a pretty good poetry thread started on here somewhere. and i dont know how some people can do the off center thing. i CAN do it, and it is believable, but i feel like a fraud. writing from the heart might not always be as well-formed and flowery, but it is real. i'll take raw over sculpted any day. im on a huge bukowski kick latley. totally writes exactly wht he felt without putting it in a pretty dress and parading it around, so to speak.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well the thing about this over social networking is that on here you have thousands of people who have similar interests. On facebook etc there are your close friends, family, and acquaintances who aren't all interested in the same things. So it's hard to get really hardcore discussions going. I know that there are some facebook people who make friends and talk about philosophy and religion all day on there; just like we talk about stuff here. Also on here you have the anonymity factor.

I think that on here people also find some intellectual common ground. Often you'll have common ground with someone but maybe not intellectual common ground.

It's just different. I'm having a hard time expressing myself, sorry.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

I detest social networking sites. I don't need to know what people are doing in real time, nor see pictures of their kids or know whether they just harvested a crop in Farmville. I do like Twitter, because it can be a witty medium. I follow mostly comedians and musicians, with a handful of friends.

Otherwise, I much prefer message boards. I'd rather talk about a topic.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am just going to throw this out there..

BUT.. This is a social networking site.

If it isn't, please explain the difference.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I am just going to throw this out there..

BUT.. This is a social networking site.

If it isn't, please explain the difference.
    Well, "social networking site" is mostly code for facebook, myspace and the like. Since myspace is all but dead, I'll focus on facebook. With facebook, the focus is on keeping in contact with people you know, and sharing details about your day-to-day life. Sure, there are time wasters and what-not, but the main point is that you're networking or keeping in contact with individuals that you mostly already know, and talking about things that happen in your life that you don't mind discussing with half the world. The facebook profile is your (very) public face.

Here, we get to know each other anonymously, and discuss things that are going on in our lives that we want to explore (and sometimes are too personal to discuss in front of everyone you know), theories, and ideas. You don't get much of that on facebook. It's not set up for discussing serious ideas.

I see a huge difference in the purposes of those sorts of sites. Now, sure, you can make a case that many folks here are just here to socialize and to make friends or find a romantic interest. There's definitely a lot of that. But I don't think that makes this forum a "social networking site." The primary purpose may partly be social, in that you need other people to discuss ideas, but I'd say the majority of posters here are not here to network, and prefer to remain hidden behind a username, letting their thoughts speak for them.
    Something Witty