User Tag List

First 456

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    These are all true for me too, and I'm from the Northeast.
    I've been told quite a few times that I sound like I'm from Pennsylvania though by random strangers though... which confuses me because I had no exposure growing up to that accent
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INtP

Speaking of Dubya, there's the always annoying "Nuke-u-lar" instead of "Nuc-lear".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFp

^That's a great one!

It really annoys me when people mix up "conscious" and "conscience." (Saying something like, "I told a lie and now I have a guilty conscious." No, "conscious" is the adjectival form. You can't use it like that.) Along those lines, I also hate it when people say "subconscience" instead of "subconsciousness." There is no such thing as a conscience underneath your conscience, people.

Another one that really ticks me off is "I could care less." If you could care less, that means you DO care, which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say: "I couldn't care less," or I don't care at all. People here in the south get that one wrong probably 80% of the time.
    Percentage Estimation:

I-65% N-75% F-65% P-55%

Functions:

Fi (50.0) > Ne (48.1) > Ti (32. 8) > Si (29.6) >
    Fe (22.6) > Te (22.6) > Ni (20.6) > Se (13.7)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kibou-chan View Post
    Another one that really ticks me off is "I could care less." If you could care less, that means you DO care, which is the exact opposite of what you're trying to say: "I couldn't care less," or I don't care at all. People here in the south get that one wrong probably 80% of the time.
    I always thought this was sarcastic; meaning, they could care less than they do, but that wouldn't be by very much...IDK, maybe I was reading into it too much.

On personality test today, I was "patients" used where it should have been
    "patience". .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibou-chan View Post
    ^That's a great one!

It really annoys me when people mix up "conscious" and "conscience." (Saying something like, "I told a lie and now I have a guilty conscious." No, "conscious" is the adjectival form. You can't use it like that.) Along those lines, I also hate it when people say "subconscience" instead of "subconsciousness." There is no such thing as a conscience underneath your conscience, people.

OH MAN these annoy me so much!
    My previous roommate always said "conscious" instead of "conscience" and when I tried to correct her () she insisted they were the same.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTP

I have to stop and consciously (!) think about which one I mean to say, with conscious/conscience. I know the difference, but my mouth doesn't.

Both of my parents pronounce Massachusetts, Mass-a-too-setts or Mass-a-too-shetts. It's annoying. I made my Mom aware of it, and now she says it correctly, but VERY deliberately. :-P

I say Tuesday to rhyme with dew, and February with the R. Sometimes I pronounce stupid with a y dipthongy thing in there, like styupid. Mostly when I want to emphasize just how stupid something is.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

"One in the same" instead of "One and the same."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

irritate vs. aggravate. it has been widley accepted and used for a long time, but irritate is to annoy and aggravate means to make worse. it makes me irritated when someone says im aggravating.
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]