User Tag List

Thread: Stuck in Dreams

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default Stuck in Dreams

Does anyone else find that this happens to them? I've been waking up lately half out of it, then slipping into these weird dreams that I'm completely unable to snap out of for hours. Eventually I realize that I'm dreaming and then wake up, to find that I'm hours late for uni.

Addiction to dreams? I know these dreams are always pleasant (can't remember them though), and it always seems to happen in the same way. I thought it was just a one off thing, but it seems to get me almost every morning.
    5 3 9

All Natural! All Good!

Well this won't target the root cause but it could help you be less late for uni. It sounds like you wake up once you realize that you're dreaming? In this case, learn reality checks. If you check during your dream and the check fails, you can wake yourself up.

some reality checks: (use google for more, I just find these work for me)
    --Look down at your hands. Do they look normal? Do they have the same amount of digits as normal?
    --Read something on a billboard, store heading, etc. Look away and look back. In a dream it usually won't say the same thing both times you read it.
    --Digital clocks often have strange digits when one is dreaming.
    --In dreams, light levels in a room often don't change when you turn on a light switch.

gl
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

What's really ironic is that I am listening to the Inception soundtrack right now.
    Fuel my answer a bit.

I often have very vivid dreams in which I become completely enraptured in. I will fall asleep and think that I've woken up and that my dreams are in actuality reality. I wake up and the things that happened in my dreams are in fact false, and it's very difficult for me to understand at times. Sometimes I am aware that I am dreaming, but have no desire to wake up, so I will purposefully stay sleeping it seems.

This also causes me to be late to class or not even show up. My dreams are also nearly always pleasant, hence my want to stay asleep. I've had dreams/nightmares where I know what I'm doing is wrong, and that's the only thing that snaps me back right away. Even in class, if I drift off to sleep, I dream it seems -- like I incorporate what the prof is saying into my dream. Heh.

The only thing I can say to you is if you want to stop them, distort your dream or like penny said, find the things that make you realize you are dreaming.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have had a few dreams in which I 'woke up' and went about starting my day. And everything seemed perfectly normal. It's pretty creepy. I had it happen to me last week. I wasn't late for anything because luckily, time seems to skip unnoticably in my dream and I can experience hours in mere minutes. (Not actual hours, but it feels that way.) And in the end, things will start to feel 'off' or something strange happens and I wake up.

But the annoying part was that I sent an email in my dream that was pretty important and mental checked it off of my to do list. And I forgot all about the email after. When I was told the email was never received, I was certain I had sent it. But checking my email program, which should have saved it, it wasn't there. Wasn't until then I realized I actually dreamt it.

Grr. Dreams can be so annoying.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

haha, False Awakenings, I sort of want to try that, but maybe on a weekend...
    Dreams are still happening, I lost 40 minutes this morning, thankfully I was prepared . Don't dreams only happen when you wake up from REM sleep? I reckon if I adjust my sleep patterns or something it will stop. I want the dream to end before it begins, I'll have to get someone to wake me up tomorrow and do a good job of it. Apparantly kicking your legs in the dreams can make you wake up pretty fast --- INCEPTION! LOL. It's the kick!
    5 3 9