User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you watch Roman style gladiators?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not only would I watch! I would participate!

    8 34.78%
  • Yes

    5 21.74%
  • No

    7 30.43%
  • No, and I would hate everyone who did.

    3 13.04%
First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Gladiators

  1. #11
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm reminded of the Peter Graves line in Airplane! "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"





    That's exactly what I was thinking.

  2. #12
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    I wouldn't be tuning in every week, but If it was on and no one was being tossed in against there will...

  3. #13
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    oooh.... a chance to kick some ass! I'd totally jump at that, except they probably wouldn't let me since I'm a chick I don't think I could be a gladiator who killed animals though (yes- warped, I could more easily kill a person than an animal since I think that animals are more innocent! )

    *whatever now ponders how many willing gladiators were ESTPs*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    My only reply to this question is "Ever seen UFC?"

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Roman Gladiators are bad-ass...American Gladiators suck.

    Although I cannot say I thought much of the 2000 film Gladiator. I thought it was rather stupid.

    And I couldn't believe it won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects, let alone Best Picture -- that year, the award should have been given to either Hollow Man or The Perfect Storm, the other two nominees.

    I liked the semi-Gladiator battle in Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, however.

  6. #16
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Although I cannot say I thought much of the 2000 film Gladiator. I thought it was rather stupid.


    Say it aint so!
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Roman Gladiators are bad-ass...American Gladiators suck.

    Although I cannot say I thought much of the 2000 film Gladiator. I thought it was rather stupid.

    And I couldn't believe it won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects, let alone Best Picture -- that year, the award should have been given to either Hollow Man or The Perfect Storm, the other two nominees.

    I liked the semi-Gladiator battle in Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones, however.

  8. #18
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    My only reply to this question is "Ever seen UFC?"
    Yeah, that's about as close to a Roman gladiator type sport that we have. UFC fighting is pretty brutal. I guess it could be equal to a gladiator fight using no weapons, almost.

  9. #19
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't think I could be a gladiator who killed animals though (yes- warped, I could more easily kill a person than an animal since I think that animals are more innocent! )
    Yeah. San Francisco Zoo opens 9 days after Tiger Attack.

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    So what's above the black hole? Which reminds me, The Black Hole is quite an entertaining 1979 film, and it had some great science...for a Disney movie.

    My mind is rather muddled at why on notice, however.

Similar Threads

  1. Gladiator
    By Take Five in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO