User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default Really Extroverted People

So I am slightly expressed extrovert and whenever I am around really extroverted people for a few hours, I start to get rather cranky. For example, I get to hang out with my VERY energetic, loud, and extroverted ENFP sister (sometimes I am shocked that ENFPs are known to be the most introverted extrovert) for the next couple days. I love her to pieces and she's great. I don't want to change her a bit and I wish I didn't get drained by her really quickly. Any tips?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

wow really? i don't know any enfps like that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

She's an awesome person and a wonderful, healthy example of an ENFP but I seem to get drained by her a lot.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think it's normal. Anyone who monopolizes conversations can get tiring after a while. My INFJ's brother capacity for long conversations is lower than mine and I can automatically and intuitively get when I'm talking too much. I think I can be quite boring when I'm excited about something and have that need to share. I temporarily forget other people might not be interested in what I have to say to the same extent I'm interested in what I'm talking about.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ oh right that makes sense. i guess my tolerance level is just different so i don't have the same experience as you(pitseleh) with it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

That is probably part of it. Also, I am very soft-spoken typically so when i am around someone who's very energetic and speaks in a booming voice, I am not used to it?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    That is probably part of it. Also, I am very soft-spoken typically so when i am around someone who's very energetic and speaks in a booming voice, I am not used to it?
    Yeah, I relate to this. I tend to present myself in a calm and low-key demeanor so when someone's really energetic and expressive I tense up because I'm not sure what to do with myself. I feel some pressure to match their energy level or at least amp it up somewhat and yet I know I can't do that without being authentic.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I know ENFPs like that..... I don't get the whole "ENFPs are the introverted extroverts" thing either. I certainly know some eNFPs, emphasis on the little e, but I know just as many who are very typically extroverted with loud voices, constant chatter, and who demand a lot of attention.

Generally, you have to assert boundaries. When you need alone time, then make it happen. If you passively wait for some opening to sneak away, they'll never give it to you. They tend to calm down if you maintain a calm level of energy also, but that's only one-on-one. Any kind of group setting will have them feeding off of other people...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I don't have any advice, but wanted to let you know that I relate.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INTP

Happens to me all the time. I'm not sure I could live with a strong extrovert.
    Something Witty