User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    I'm extroverted myself but come on, some people really need to learn the concept of awareness. If you don't see the other person responding or struggling, give them a minute to think! Give yourself a moment to breath. Maybe change the subject. And I think it's a really selfish act when some extroverts just keep their mouths running because they're afraid of the silence. Annoys me to no end. The way I deal with it is either tell them to shut up or I clam up and give them a murderous look that clearly signals I'm not gonna engage you anymore.

    But in all fairness the same, but reversed principle goes out to the really introverted people as well. We should all try and meet halfways in a tango.

  2. #22
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    it really depends on who I'm with.

    I used to be the really extroverted one around my friends, and they either seemed to feed off of my energy, or get really tired quickly. I never understood why anyone would get tired when they're having fun.

    Nowadays, as I get older, I've started to become calmer and solitary; it drains me being around people for a long period of time. SO I know how you feel.
    However, if they are willing to put up with you , you must do the same; you never know, it might actually energize you at one point.

  3. #23
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It's case by case, as with everything, but ambiverted ENFPs (like ambiverted ENTPs) are the rule rather than the exception.
    Eh, there's nothing much to support that other than self-reporting and anecdotes. It also depends on how you define "introvert", as there are several ways of doing so. Most ENxPs seem clearly extroverted from my perspective. Maybe they don't perceive themselves that way though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #24
    Member awwsha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I am more likely to get drained by an introvert. Because many of them like to make me think harder than I want to, or I have to work a lot harder to keep a conversation going. Though in general, talking to any person makes me more and more hyper over time.

    What I have noticed is that I drain other people.

    I will be like this:

    Sequence of events while interacting with introverts, usually goes a little like this...((take in mind it sometimes takes hours, even days to get to the anger part. It took my ISTJ friend years. But yeah...we arent friends anymore. She couldnt handle me)):

    , , , , , :steam:
    "The best things in life are silly" - Scott Adams


  5. #25
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    So I am slightly expressed extrovert and whenever I am around really extroverted people for a few hours, I start to get rather cranky. For example, I get to hang out with my VERY energetic, loud, and extroverted ENFP sister (sometimes I am shocked that ENFPs are known to be the most introverted extrovert) for the next couple days. I love her to pieces and she's great. I don't want to change her a bit and I wish I didn't get drained by her really quickly. Any tips?
    It sounds like maybe your sister is a bit histrionic?

    Maybe she just needs some development in becoming more considerate of how others in her immediate proximity feel as she is grandstanding?

    Is she young, as in not socially experienced in a variety of civilized adult settings?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  6. #26
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    This is why I like to just be chill all the time. Forget being enthusastic. People don't appreciate that shit.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  7. #27
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    it really depends on who I'm with.

    I used to be the really extroverted one around my friends, and they either seemed to feed off of my energy, or get really tired quickly. I never understood why anyone would get tired when they're having fun.

    Nowadays, as I get older, I've started to become calmer and solitary; it drains me being around people for a long period of time. SO I know how you feel.
    However, if they are willing to put up with you , you must do the same; you never know, it might actually energize you at one point.
    lol, ironically, I can talk for hours with my ENTJ friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Eh, there's nothing much to support that other than self-reporting and anecdotes. It also depends on how you define "introvert", as there are several ways of doing so. Most ENxPs seem clearly extroverted from my perspective. Maybe they don't perceive themselves that way though.
    LOL, a lot of ENFPs that I know think that they are becoming INFPs but I'm usually like, "You are not like any INFPs I know... you are in Ne overload much of the time." INXPs I know use Ne a lot but they seem to control it more.

    Quote Originally Posted by awwsha View Post
    I am more likely to get drained by an introvert. Because many of them like to make me think harder than I want to, or I have to work a lot harder to keep a conversation going. Though in general, talking to any person makes me more and more hyper over time.

    What I have noticed is that I drain other people.

    I will be like this:

    Sequence of events while interacting with introverts, usually goes a little like this...((take in mind it sometimes takes hours, even days to get to the anger part. It took my ISTJ friend years. But yeah...we arent friends anymore. She couldnt handle me)):

    , , , , , :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    This is why I like to just be chill all the time. Forget being enthusastic. People don't appreciate that shit.
    I am not saying it's a bad thing but it can be a bit draining to me. My dad's side of the family is insanely extroverted. Talk about 6 grown EXXJs (not including me) trying to control the situation and trying to be heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    It sounds like maybe your sister is a bit histrionic?

    Maybe she just needs some development in becoming more considerate of how others in her immediate proximity feel as she is grandstanding?

    Is she young, as in not socially experienced in a variety of civilized adult settings?
    Nah, she's close to 30. You could say that she is "VERY considerate" of others in her own way. On the other hand, she seems to unintentionally bulldoze people with a really strong NeFiTe sometimes (same thing with my FeNiTi combo sometimes probably). I am probably not used to it. It's more of general problem though that I have (it is not specifically ENFPs by any means).

    Solution: detach and get away if one is getting overstimulated.

  8. #28
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I know ENFPs like that..... I don't get the whole "ENFPs are the introverted extroverts" thing either. I certainly know some eNFPs, emphasis on the little e, but I know just as many who are very typically extroverted with loud voices, constant chatter, and who demand a lot of attention.

    Generally, you have to assert boundaries. When you need alone time, then make it happen. If you passively wait for some opening to sneak away, they'll never give it to you. They tend to calm down if you maintain a calm level of energy also, but that's only one-on-one. Any kind of group setting will have them feeding off of other people...
    oh wow yeah that's true...it's such the weird thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #29
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Some extreme ones self-promote, inject their opinions anywhere, and feed off of social influence to the point that it drowns out others who may make more sense with some given subject or decision (the majority of extroverts are "normal" and know when to defer to others.. but "really extroverted people" need to influence, and don't seem to even know their own weaknesses..or even what they're talking about sometimes. It's kind embarassing actually. I feel sorry for them).

  10. #30
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    If you start draining extroverted people, you'll become the real master
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
  2. [NT] NT Extroverts - Do you need other people around to be most productive?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 05:49 AM
  3. [Se] I'm jealous of people who are good at extroverted sensing
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
  4. Being energized by people - introverted/extroverted?
    By NewEra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO