User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I love people like that, as long as I'm in the right mood, we end up in fits of giggles on the floor. I influence the nerdyness of the conversations a lot though lol. I feed off of them as much as they might feed off of me. But maybe I haven't met the same sort of people you're talking about.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm that kind of ENFP

I think ENFP's are introverted in different ways, not just something as shallow as the volume of their voice . I am loud, I like talking all the time but that doesn't make me a supreme extrovert imo. I spend a lot of nights at home, I like to slow down and centre myself either alone or just with immediate family, then I can go out and be nuts again. That's a lot of what is meant by being an introverted extrovert. I have an ENFJ friend who's not as loud as I am, or maybe even quite as talkative as I am, but he's always on the run. He's always meeting friends, always going from one social event to another. He's a true extrovert imo, definitely moreso than I am.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I'm that kind of ENFP

I think ENFP's are introverted in different ways, not just something as shallow as the volume of their voice . I am loud, I like talking all the time but that doesn't make me a supreme extrovert imo. I spend a lot of nights at home, I like to slow down and centre myself either alone or just with immediate family, then I can go out and be nuts again. That's a lot of what is meant by being an introverted extrovert. I have an ENFJ friend who's not as loud as I am, or maybe even quite as talkative as I am, but he's always on the run. He's always meeting friends, always going from one social event to another. He's a true extrovert imo, definitely moreso than I am.
    This is me too. I can definitely be enthusiastic, and loud. I can be too much for some people SOMETIMES (I'm not always loud and enthusiastic around others, I can chill too) But I also take a lot more time to be alone than most other extroverts. I don't know about other ENFPs, but my P is very strong which means VARIETY for me. That includes my behavior, and energy level apparently. I cannot be social all the time or even every day or I will burn out, but I cannot be alone for more than a day typically or I will get depressed.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends what you mean by really extraverted, its a different matter if someone is zany in dress sense or seeks to make impressions or profile themselves to if they are monopolising conversation, directing conversation back to themselves, just vomitting emotions on others.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I know ENFPs like that..... I don't get the whole "ENFPs are the introverted extroverts" thing either. I certainly know some eNFPs, emphasis on the little e, but I know just as many who are very typically extroverted with loud voices, constant chatter, and who demand a lot of attention.
    It's case by case, as with everything, but ambiverted ENFPs (like ambiverted ENTPs) are the rule rather than the exception.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

depends on my mood.
    both extroverts and introverts can drain me.
    suck my energy dry.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    LoLz

My ESFJ mother and sister are really strong extraverts. They can't stop talking or doing something. They constantly need to be on the go. I can't keep up with that. When it comes to their talking, the one thing that annoys the crap out of me is when they interrupt my sentences. At that point, I just stop talking and let them keep talking hoping they'll soon realize they've screwed up the conversation.

I end up just telling them to go away if they're too much for me. My ENFJ sister is loud and a pronounced extravert, but she's able to tell when she needs to settle down. Like I said, the most annoying thing about it is when they monopolize conversations without realizing their effect on the other person.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    depends on my mood.
    both extroverts and introverts can drain me.
    suck my energy dry.
    same

It can be pretty draining trying to draw a conversation out of some people.

I've been exhausted by people at both extremes.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I'm that kind of ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    This is me too. I can definitely be enthusiastic, and loud. I can be too much for some people SOMETIMES (I'm not always loud and enthusiastic around others, I can chill too) But I also take a lot more time to be alone than most other extroverts. I don't know about other ENFPs, but my P is very strong which means VARIETY for me. That includes my behavior, and energy level apparently. I cannot be social all the time or even every day or I will burn out, but I cannot be alone for more than a day typically or I will get depressed.
    Here's to thicken the plot, I think I am a highly sensitive person (HSP). She overstimulates me quite easily when we are around others. I know that it's MY issue. I am sure that she is quite extroverted, well at least compared to me. I consider high energy for a prolonged period of time= really extroverted. 6+ hours. She's the most extroverted ENFP I know. Please don't be offended.

EDIT: I still don't buy that ENFPs are the "most introverted extroverted". Some are and some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I love people like that, as long as I'm in the right mood, we end up in fits of giggles on the floor. I influence the nerdyness of the conversations a lot though lol. I feed off of them as much as they might feed off of me. But maybe I haven't met the same sort of people you're talking about.
    yeah the same here. energetic people dont really drain me. uninteresting and repetitive talks do.

i agree with some who said strong introverts drain too, it's very draining to draw words from people without success.