User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Yah me too. I have a soft spot, even for the people I barely talk to. It's like a dysfunctional family.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I assume I've missed something in this thread, given your and Starry's remarks. I never saw anything like that here.

But there has been much misunderstanding, and it seems detrimental to rush to a conclusion of malintent.
    Since the volunteer work I do involves children...currently focusing on bullying/violence/delinquency/etc. I know there is a movement to get this kind of thing out of the schools.

Now until Corolis arrived (I think you had already formed a opinion regarding what I was doing...) it's a popular thing to say that supporters of this 'don't like appreciation and genuine positive intent.' No, I want more appreciation...And while I never will mention a name or wish for my name to be mentioned in this thread which kinda scares me... I will be returning to the thread in the Fluff Zone.

There is a big difference between 'appreciation'...and being made an 'example of.' (with negative comments.)

I'm done here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I appreciate @senza tema for showing the forum and ventrilo that not all south asians have indian accents - which I fail to do - and that it's not genetically encoded to our genes. Actually I appreciate you for being a pal - when you are in an extroverted mood atleast - but thought you wouldn't forgive me if I didn't try to embarass you in some way before saying that.I appreciate my devilishly handsome boy-toy oakysage - who has changed his username to @Time ; much to the displeasure of most of us - for being a real friend in need. I appreciate @UniqueMixture for living upto his italian-american stereotype of being a womanizer - so that we can further stereotype the italians and call him fonzi - and giving tips to get laid more. I appreciate @Mane for reminding me and canadian children that jesus is actually jewish. I appreciate @AffirmitiveAnxiety for reminding me of my hilarious friend; who coincidentally died around his age. I appreciate @Lexicon for continuously talking about cats and dressing up her cat like shakespeare to encourage us to become theatre enthusiasts. On a serious note I really like you for being friendly, chatty and for having a good sense of humour.
    I apologise to time on your behalf for having a name that displeasures most.

and after all it's done for you...

figsfiggyfigs

Maybe you can change your avatar too because it's really fucking displeasurable to look at. Can you say "cheeezzzzzyyyyy"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Maybe you can change your avatar too because it's really fucking displeasurable to look at. Can you say "cheeezzzzzyyyyy"
    1... 2...

---

I appreciate @Riva. He puts me in mentions and makes me feel a tiny bit special when I see a notifications point at the top of the page. Anticipation is nice too.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I appreciate:

@Amargith for her endless insights on how people operate
    @Orobas for similar, and sharing some fanfics with me
    @EJCC for generally being a level-headed breath of fresh air in all our encounters
    @bologna for so often being the other side of the coin of my own thoughts
    @Riva for being almost insolent in a way that can always be forgiven
    @Zarathustra for continuing to fight the good fight
    @gromit for reminding me of the roses I should be smelling more often

and many others I am too tired to write a decent few words about now, but am nonetheless thinking of.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I appreciate you all for not putting me in a position where I'm expected to effusively reciprocate the feelings externalized.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    It seems weird to me to call it circle-jerking. It's like... I dunno, it makes it sound like way more intentional and systemic than it is. The way I see it, it's just one person demonstrating kindness, and the other person receiving it and sometimes trying to reciprocate that gesture.
    That's kinda the definition of a circle-jerk, right there...

I see a lot of Fe bias in these threads - like the presupposition that conflict is a universally bad thing, and public ego-stroking a universally good one.
    There's also a whole bunch of icky passive-aggression.
    Not everyone glories in that. Not everyone is terrified of "negativity" either. We are not all the same and there's no point pretending we are or insisting that anyone who finds this sort of thing cheap and tasteless is in some way defective. Or that the people who enjoy it and are allergic to conflict are similarly damaged. Different (ego) strokes. If MBTI has taught us anything, it should surely been that minimum level of tolerance and understanding.

I guess the objective way to measure such threads is to survey whether they create more good feeling than bad. By that standard, the thread has probably failed, whatever good intentions may have spawned it. If the same positive comments had been communicated privately, then only the positive part of the message would have been transmitted - sans drama. It seems like a simple solution to me, but I guess there are those people who need to be seen doing their appreciation thing. On one level I find that distasteful. On another, it's amusing. Some of the most splendid entertainment derives from the comedy of manners. I suspect cultural biases feed into such judgments too.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I appreciate @Salomé for the above post. Spot on.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

@Duck_of_Death, for having exquisite taste in movies and video games. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm looking in the mirror.
    @Jonny, for actually being kinda cool for a nerd.
    @Stigmata, for making posts that have been known to make me laugh.
    @Lark, for responding to my posts, and for being politically incorrect.
    @Lexicon, for being among the least stuck-up females on the forum. I actually don't even hate you.
    @Webslinger, for agreeing with me about that egg skull thingy.
    @DiscoBiscuit, for having an alternative political viewpoint that punches the liberal asshats in the face.
    @bologna, for being the most chill mod on the forum.
    @Jennifer, for being like @Lexicon, except older, and has actually seen Star Wars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: