User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Excellent idea, poorly executed.
    The really obvious stuff irritates me. Esp the flirting. Get a fucking room! I like the intrigue and the restrained (not passive) aggression. It's fun! People who take it too seriously need to get some real problems already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    a way of seeming like you have inside jokes and secret relationships with other members. Of being in the "in-group".
    I would like to say that people have their inside jokes without this thread, so I'm not sure what is wrong with that. Can you define this "in-group" and how it differs from any other thread that has it's own set of active participants?
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Guys, seriously, I dont believe any of you are using the terminology correctly for passive aggressive.

Anyway, I think its one of my favourite threads on the forum, not because I believe its about me, more because I think of it like postsecret and being nice to others on the forum is a good thing too. Everyone should try and be more nice to one another. Whatever their differences, and those can be pretty real at times, people can surely still be civil and nice to one another in their shared space together, you know?

Its not the work out your differences or covert attacks thread or anything like that, its about being nice to people. I avoided this thread because I didnt really want to try and answer all the critics of the original thread, I tend to think the people who dont like those sorts of threads dislike them for pretty personal reasons, like feeling excluded or victimised, which they've no real objective reason to believe or certainty about.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    You don't have to say "dear member" in this thread u know!!
    This thread title starts in the same way. I don´t see any difference.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I think the thread is great. It always puts a smile on my face when you see someone post something affectionate or sweet there. It's fun trying to figure out who the poster is be referring to, if the receiving party is aware of the gesture, how it makes them feels, that sort of thing.

Though I find it hilarious when people use it to anonymously insult other users who act in a way they that don't approve of, despite the fact that it asks against doing so in both the title and the first post of the thread. Yet people constantly do it, because they know they can get away with it.

It's shallow, childish and petty, and if you're one of the people doing it, it just makes you look like a self-absorbed jerk.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about the "in-group". Who exactly is this in group we're talking about? People who spend most of the their time here? In that case, I think they should be able to reap the reward of having a close social circle if that's where they are investing most heavily. People who are funny and well-liked? Isn't that how it works in real life too? Isn't this a good chance to develop those skills? People who have been here a long time? Is it surprising if you've only been here for a month that you're going to be less well-known than someone who's been around for several years?

I just don't really see where the problem is. I'd consider myself far from an "in-group". I communicate with lots of people, but I'm also aware that I'll never beat people like Halla or whatever for how many people I talk to in a day nor am I as popular/witty/funny as some. You just have to figure out what it is you have to offer and capitalize on it however you can. I think most people like me okay, some are indifferent and a few dislike me, but isn't that true just about anywhere?

A lot of the complaints about these kind of threads just seem to me like people who are worried that they are not as popular as they'd like to be. If that's the case, I wish they could realize that there are probably a lot of people who appreciate them that they are not aware of and that the more they put themselves out there for other people, the more will come back to them as well. Just my two cents...

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Guys, seriously, I dont believe any of you are using the terminology correctly for passive aggressive.
    It's behaviour that expresses aggression towards others whilst evading direct confrontation and the associated release (and perhaps agknowledgement) of the negative emotions that provoked it. Passive-aggressiveness is by definition a behaviour (this includes verbal expression), though in many cases it can take the form of intentionally failing to behave in the way others expect one to (ie deliberate underperformance or non-communication). It can take quite a number of different forms (which I won't go into here, as this is not meant to be a defining passive-aggression thread). I'll just say that there are a whole range of different behaviours that are covered by the broad term if it's being applied correctly.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I don't think any of them are aimed at me, so I don't think much about the thread, therefore it's impact on the forum in terms of myself is negligible. Others may vary.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Who is in the "in-group" exactly? I want names!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I was just experimenting to see how it came across in this new context.
    Dear Member,
    I was just messing with you too.

Honestly, when people do post negative stuff on that thread I sometimes do think that there is a small chance that its towards me which isnt not all bad, it keeps me on my toes...I then try to change for the better. Paranoia does suck though!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari