User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    yupp

funny how so many people both post in it and so many are against. someone's lying *looks suspiciously at everyone*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How do you guys think it's changed the forum? Positively? Negatively? And why?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

I love that thread.

In reading it, I like to conjecture the links between people.

In using it, I give compliments, paranoia, and apologies through it.

By compliments I do both a private thanks and a semi-public thanks in recognition of an action I'm highly pleased of. It might be silly, but I don't see it as causing problems either and some people may like the semi-private, but still public thanks. Also giving compliments publicly is sort of like smiling in public...it lightens the mood of those surrounding you even if the compliment was not directed at them.

Paranoia is just fun to induce. No more explanation needed.

Apologies can be aimed at a wide audience if my actions or inactions affected more than a single person and may be considered as inconsiderate and try to explain how and why I am. Some conversations are too awkward. For example, I have apologized for my overly inquisitiveness may come off as creepiness, by doing it publicly others not affected in the present may in the future if I'm creeping them out realize it's my curiosity and to just tell me to stop.
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

But let's take a wild stab at numbers here and say 50% post in and like that thread and 50% don't even bother to read the thread, finding it generally useless.

It's like talking into a vacuum; shouting in the forest. Who is hearing? 50% of the audience is not even present. The person you want to reach may not ever go there.

Just posting in this thread really opens to me my quite negative feelings about the other. It's like a glorified popularity contest; a gossipy gab-fest; a passive-aggressive way of being nasty; and a way of seeming like you have inside jokes and secret relationships with other members. Of being in the "in-group".

I have no idea how this affects the forum at large. Perhaps it serves a purpose for certain forum members who enjoy intrigue.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

It's fun when nice things are said, but it would be even cooler if names were mentioned, maybe I will start a kudos thread .

I do admit that the negative stuff does make people feel paranoid, it's become a way for someone to vent, not everyone likes to directly stir up drama with people or criticize people, and it's become an extremely passive aggressive way to tell someone off.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    But let's take a wild stab at numbers here and say 50% post in and like that thread and 50% don't even bother to read the thread, finding it generally useless.

It's like talking into a vacuum; shouting in the forest. Who is hearing? 50% of the audience is not even present. The person you want to reach may not ever go there.

Just posting in this thread really opens to me my quite negative feelings about the other. It's like a glorified popularity contest; a gossipy gab-fest; a passive-aggressive way of being nasty; and a way of seeming like you have inside jokes and secret relationships with other members. Of being in the "in-group".

I have no idea how this affects the forum at large. Perhaps it serves a purpose for certain forum members who enjoy intrigue.
    bahahahaha if it was that we'd all be naked and having orgies right now but as half us are not naked nor having orgies it can't be a popularity contest

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I tend to post towards people that I know would check in on the thread anyway.

How's it affect the forum? I think it's generally pretty benign if not positive.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Dear member,

If you're going to criticise others for being passive-aggressive, it's best not to formulate those criticisms in a highly passive-aggressive way if you want those who have a clue to take you seriously. Logs, eyes, and all that.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

You don't have to say "dear member" in this thread u know!!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    You don't have to say "dear member" in this thread u know!!
    I was just experimenting to see how it came across in this new context.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...