First 123412 Last

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Yes, I rarely read that thread. I really don't see the point of it with the 'dear member' thing. I did post on it once but I basically just named who I was talking to outright. I don't see the point otherwise, I'm not into passive-aggressive stuff.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@fidelia

^^ same pretty much. i think if anyone wanted to address something to me in that thread they would make it obvious enough that i wouldn't question it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't really get that thread, so I rather leave it alone.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Yes, I rarely read that thread. I really don't see the point of it with the 'dear member' thing. I did post on it once but I basically just named who I was talking to outright. I don't see the point otherwise, I'm not into passive-aggressive stuff.
    That.

If you've got something to say to me, just say it.

Otherwise myself, I find it almost incomprehensible that the thread is as popular as it is and has lasted so long.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've stepped into that thread maybe twice ever, out of curiosity.

Basically it may as well not even exist to me, and I wouldn't even know if someone was referencing something about me because I don't even look at the thread.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i almost never read that thread. i have only been into it a couple of times and it really annoyed me that it is anonymous. "dear member"......
    Yeah, this. If you got something to say to somebody, then come out and say it to them. Otherwise it's like some second grade game or something "ooh..I heard so and so said this about such and such..oooh."
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think it's kind of fun - sort of like reading the Valentine's messages in the paper from secret admirers. The person might never end up seeing their message, but then again, they might.

I like the thought of making people feel good if they see something meant for them. I could just as easily PM them, but there's something happy about reading it in a place you don't expect.

I wish people wouldn't use the thread for when they get angry, but then again, the general anonymity has probably saved a few people from infractions or more that they would get if they named the person specifically. (Although, there's still over the line for that too).

Phantonym

One thing that bothers me about that thread, aside from people ignoring the "...And NICELY..." part and that some people seem to use the thread as VM's...is that when somebody says something really nice that shouldn't be addressed anonymously because it's not like it's something embarrassing to either of the parties or the people reading it...I keep wondering if the person who it's addressed to ever gets to know all those nice things said to them...whether the person saying them actually makes an effort to let them know...or just leaves things be...it's kind of sad to think that they would remain unnoticed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

My interpretation of the title is that your intent is to say something negative to someone, but the "And NICELY" part is meant to remind you to control your language.

For example: instead of saying "You are a stupid f***ing a**hole, you moronic cave-dweller" you instead would say "I have felt greatly annoyed with your limited POV".

And if you have something nice to say, why not use rep or VM instead to directly share the happiness??

I avoid that thread like the plague.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Dear members,

I just drop by that thread when I want to have inexpensive fun. With your paranoid reactions.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric