User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm waiting to see who created the "In Group" in groups and makes it exclusive/invite only.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Me. I created it and am its doorkeeper!

And btw, I take cash (or in some instances sexual favor) bribes
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I like the thread, although as long as we're talking about passive aggressive behavior, I think the thread does somewhat encourage it. Even though the title specifies that it's purpose is for saying nice things.
    It saddens me that you people don't remember Rajah.

/in-group name dropper

Nice is boring. Fuck nice.
    Sometimes I'm paranoid that negative posts are referring to me, but I just try to ignore it, since most likely they are not.
    I can't get over the ego of some people. You can CHOOSE whether to think something is about you or not. Paranoia is an insane (literally) response. Just stop that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    It saddens me that you people don't remember Rajah.

/in-group name dropper

Nice is boring. Fuck nice.

I can't get over the ego of some people. You can CHOOSE whether to think something is about you or not. Paranoia is an insane (literally) response. Just stop that now.
    I don't remember Rajah because I have only been here a few months.

I like being nice. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Besides, I'd rather be boring than a jerk, like you. How's that for nice?

It's not ego, it the remnants of years of being teased and bullied in elementary and middle school. Like I said, I know it's just my mind. Mostly.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't remember Rajah because I have only been here a few months.

I like being nice. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Besides, I'd rather be boring than a jerk, like you. How's that for nice?

It's not ego, it the remnants of years of being teased and bullied in elementary and middle school. Like I said, I know it's just my mind. Mostly.
    I quoted you but that wasn't aimed at you. Though you took it personally. Oh surprise. :rolli:
    Thanks for demonstrating what nice is hiding under the frills.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I think very few of the posts are about me, since I'm rarely a topic for discussion anyways.
    Same here. It feels arrogant to think I would be on the minds of people here that much

To the OP: I have posted in there a few times. I'm a rule-follower and the first post actually says its purpose is to send love and light to others, so, I only wrote positive messages about people who I like on the forum. But lately, since its evolved into something much different, I have even been tempted to use it in the passive aggressive way and tell someone "nicely" something I don't like about them. But I doubt I will, and now there is so much about passive aggressiveness on the board maybe others will think twice before they do that. And maybe not. Blind items can be entertaining to read and figure out.

It is interesting to wonder if that thread has injected a need for more explicit aggression on the forum. Is there any correlation between the ever present "tell a member" thread and the rise/resurrections of these threads:
    What do you hate?
    The Rant Thread
    What finally frustrates you?
    Stupid thing(s) you've done/said today?
    What ruins your day?
    The "I Really Hate Myself Right Now" thread
    and even more directly, these beauties
    Hate an INTJ? Tell us why!
    Hate an INFJ? Tell us why!
    INFJ Hate thread
    ENFJs, why are you so fake?
    Hate an INFP? Tell us why
    What are some reasons INFPs are disliked?
    It seems to me, someone who has been here just seven months, that there has been a spate of hate threads recently. But maybe those who have been here longer are better judges of that.

And it is true, from my experience, that a newbie to the forum might be intimidated by the close-knit vibe this community gives. But Lark mentioned a good approach. A tip for newbies: substantive posts still outweigh fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

I'm waiting to see who created the "In Group" in groups and makes it exclusive/invite only.
    Oh, the lure of velvet ropes!
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I quoted you but that wasn't aimed at you. Though you took it personally. Oh surprise. :rolli:
    Thanks for demonstrating what nice is hiding under the frills.
    Well, usually when you quote someone, the response is aimed at the quoted person. I wouldn't have taken it personally or thought anything of it, if you hadn't made it look like it was in direct response to my post.

Just because I value kindness and try to be nice to people, doesn't mean I won't stand up for myself if someone picks on me. Nice =/= doormat.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Only problem is, you think EVERYBODY is picking on you.

It was just a typical example, I'm not gonna quote every fucker in this thread with a complaint or a bruised ego. "You people" should have been a giveaway that I wasn't just addressing you. And if you did know Rajah, you'd maybe understand the thread a little better, and my post a little better. Instead of wrongly assuming anyone even knows who you are.

It would be a great thread if it just helped people to get the fuck over themselves and take things a little less seriously.
    Seems that's too much to ask though.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    And it is true, from my experience, that a newbie to the forum might be intimidated by the close-knit vibe this community gives. But Lark mentioned a good approach. A tip for newbies: substantive posts still outweigh fluff.

Oh, the lure of velvet ropes!
    I dont really think this forum is that clannish or clicky, I knew another forum which three or four times in my experience went through a stupid "this place has changed", "I dont want this place to change" and "there's a different vibe now" phases, it almost became like a wave, anytime new members joined in a sizeable bulk, perhaps only three or four but enough to form a group of in joke making friends the existing members who felt they where put out or did not have a dominant position vis-a-vis the new comers got all obsessed about it.

True fluff threads I kind of think are more like the sorts of exchanges I'd expect to see on someone's visitor messages board, I dont think that the tell a member one is truly a fluff thread but the way to get a profile is by creating substantive interesting threads which people want to visit and read.

I would say that substantive is not the same as controversial and that's a too subtle distinction sometimes, I've not seen it here but I have seen it on other forums where someone will post the most horrendous, incendiary topic within three posts of joining.

Given the layout of the this forum and topics in discussion already and even the subject matter of MBTI and psychology its pretty good for substantive post creation and participation. Not the same problems as might occur on fiction websites or novelists websites.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Well, usually when you quote someone, the response is aimed at the quoted person. I wouldn't have taken it personally or thought anything of it, if you hadn't made it look like it was in direct response to my post.

Just because I value kindness and try to be nice to people, doesn't mean I won't stand up for myself if someone picks on me. Nice =/= doormat.
    Nice chicks with swords = Manners.