First 89101112 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    do you do aluminum foil swans?
    Only tigers and bears, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Aw... poor noz. We love you too. You have a nasty habit of disappearing for several months at a time though.
    "nasty habit" ? lots of people need breaks from this place, you know!

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

There are lurkers who never post, who think they know all of us, and they download our avatars and look at them before they go to bed. It's f***ed up.

This thread is goofy.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Only tigers and bears, sorry!

That's part of what I find fun. I like to hunt down the clues to figure out who's affiliated/allied with who and why, what their history is and so on. Also I like to know where the vendettas are and what started them, and if I like both members of the vendetta, what it is that makes me like them, but them not like each other. It's like one gigantic puzzle to get figured out and it is always expanding.
    This is why I enjoy reading the thread. It's like reading blind items in the newspaper. I really don't ever think any of them are for me, I haven't made significant social inroads on the forum.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    It's behaviour that expresses aggression towards others whilst evading direct confrontation and the associated release (and perhaps agknowledgement) of the negative emotions that provoked it. Passive-aggressiveness is by definition a behaviour (this includes verbal expression), though in many cases it can take the form of intentionally failing to behave in the way others expect one to (ie deliberate underperformance or non-communication). It can take quite a number of different forms (which I won't go into here, as this is not meant to be a defining passive-aggression thread). I'll just say that there are a whole range of different behaviours that are covered by the broad term if it's being applied correctly.
    I tend to go with the Wiki definition which I included in a post in the Other Psychology section, I dont think what is being described as passively aggressive on the forum is passive aggression properly speaking, its more just plain aggression or casual aggression.

Generally the people who have a greivance against one another are pretty open about it and arent tricky, they've gone, in my experience, as far as messaging other members to try and rally members against the subject of their vitriol or personal ire.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

A lot of the complaints about these kind of threads just seem to me like people who are worried that they are not as popular as they'd like to be.
    I think that's correct but its not just anxiety about being popular but not much of an idea about how to be popular either, so instead you get lots of school yard antics or really dumb pop politics, lets be friends because we hate the same people or things sort of behaviour.

When in reality its a pretty simple game, be friendly, dont be phony, be around long enough. Very, very good point about people visiting the forum mere months and wishing they where as popular as members visiting for years. What's up with that? No one would have the same expectations of groups of people in real life or at least I'd not expect so.

MBTI
    intp

I think it's bad that it's metastasizing and taking the worst of its fluff elements with it where it has spread
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Anyway... I never read that thread (maybe 2 times...) but I imagine it's similar to the one on INTPc except less personal (how ironic )

There are 2 things about that thread:
    the IDEA of that thread is great. Playful game, sometimes nice, wondering is this about you or who is this about...

but what those threads eventually turn into, is, like someone said, 2nd grade game, popularity contest, not sincere communication. Not all of it is like that, but much is.***

And like someone said.... it's good to say to someone you dont really know well that you like them.. kind of waving to them on the street, inviting look.

But after that.. it comes to making yourself feel better for few seconds in a lame way.

it's all human way, so nothing bad in it, but I always question the motives behind my/others actions

***also, ironic thing is that we all came to forums like this to avoid that social dance, SFJ dance, fakeness....
    Last edited by Chloe; 08-31-2010 at 11:32 AM.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I think it's bad that it's metastasizing and taking the worst of its fluff elements with it where it has spread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    If I see that a person I'm at odds with has made a post in there with negative comments about "some member", I may easily interpret their words as an anonymous slander against me when that was never the case to begin with.

As I said, it's a thread capable of great harm albeit in very subtle ways. I feel it has a very negative influence on this board. If this was my forum I'd have it removed immediately.
    I think only if you let it, most of the people liable to be making dumb remarks about me I already have on ignore so they're wasting their time if they post anything remotely connected to me anywhere on the forum, that thread or anywhere else.