User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Energy Drinks

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    One time I actually swallowed two tablespoons of instant coffee because I needed to wake up desperately, and didn't have much time before I had to leave. I followed it up with a Diet Coke or two to wash the taste out. I guess that wasn't technically an energy drink, but it had a similar effect. I was able to see a weird vertical line scanning across a CRT monitor I had at the time that I normally couldn't see. What was that?
    Awright! An old fashioned freak out! I guess that line was the raster scan on the CRT, assuming you're not pulling my leg. You're not supposed to be amped up enough to notice it.

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm not caffeine dependent as I don't indulge daily in any caffeinated product. There are times where I will go a few consecutive days having energy drinks or coffee and then being very pissed off and sometimes headachey the day I stop.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Awright! An old fashioned freak out! I guess that line was the raster scan on the CRT, assuming you're not pulling my leg. You're not supposed to be amped up enough to notice it.
    What do you mean by "freak out"?

Why aren't you supposed to be able to notice it? I did notice that it seemed like things around me happened a little slower than normal, and that I could do more in less time... at least until the effects wore off, after which I was extremely tired.

Anyway, since I only needed the energy for something short term, it worked well... although I looked kind of jittery and impatient to a few other people.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i prefer
    for awhile at the 7-11 below my apartment they had a bawls slurpee
    She said bawls.

MBTI
    INFP

What do you mean by "freak out"?

Why aren't you supposed to be able to notice it?
    I just realized that in your first post you noted that the line was vertical. Usually the raster appears as a somewhat horizontal line. Were you looking at the monitor sideways after falling to the floor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    I just realized that in your first post you noted that the line was vertical. Usually the raster appears as a somewhat horizontal line. Were you looking at the monitor sideways after falling to the floor?
    No... but I do have a lousy sense of direction. Is vertical going from left-to-right, or up-and-down? I'm not sure which direction I was looking at it from. I think I remember it going from left-to-right, but it was a vertical line. Perhaps it wasn't the raster, but something else in the monitor that you can see?

MBTI
    yupp

No... but I do have a lousy sense of direction. Is vertical going from left-to-right, or up-and-down? I'm not sure which direction I was looking at it from. I think I remember it going from left-to-right, but it was a vertical line. Perhaps it wasn't the raster, but something else in the monitor that you can see?
    vertical is up and down
    horizontal is left and right
    diagonal is /
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i prefer
    for awhile at the 7-11 below my apartment they had a bawls slurpee
    I'm normally not the kind of person who points out naughty sounding things, but "bawls slurpee" sounds all wrong.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I'm assuming what he was talking about was that you were hinting at the fact you could see the screen drawing it's self. Monitors and TV's draw from left to right one line at a time traveling downwards. At least CRT's do. So if you can see a line traveling down the screen then the speed in which your eyes and brain are processing the signal is fast enough that you can pick up where the line is at any given moment.

You can usually duplicate this effect by watching a TV through a video camera, since the TV is drawing at one speed, and the video camera is sampling the picture at just under half that speed. TV's usually refresh at 60Hz or 60 frames per second. NTSC is recorded at 29.97fps. So for every frame of video the TV draws it twice basically.

The issue of refresh rates is also why you tended to see older monitors flicker in offices that used florescent lighting, since most older monitors refreshed at 60Hz, which is the same frequency the lights run on.

Me personally I can't stand looking at a monitor thats running at less then 85Hz, I used to run my old 21" CRT at 100Hz otherwise the screen flicker would drive me nuts when trying to view web pages or anything with large areas of the same color that didn't change. LCD's aren't as much of an issue since they don't have an electron gun scanning across the back of the screen, the pixels more of less all change at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have had the Amway/Quixtar energy drinks. Lemon is my favorite.