User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    EPIC

Default Wet t-shirt contests

So, I have a problem with these. I haven't seen many and I certainly don't mind seeing girls' boobs. I don't have a problem because I think it is degrading to women. It's not degrading to women. These girls are choosing to do this. They don't represent women in general. They are using a desirable aspect of themselves for their benefit.

"But it suggests that all women are good for are their physical bodies!"
    "Yeah, well boxing and wrestling suggest that all men are good for are their competitive drives and violent tendencies."

Anyway, I just hear or read "wet t-shirt contest" and the word "contest" gets me. A contest is people competing for something and being judged based on their performance. How do you judge this? The first thing that I can think of is that the person who's t-shirt is the wettest wins. That in itself seems like a pretty dumb thing to win. Then I think it is probably the girl with the biggest or more desirable boobs, in which case it has nothing to do with talent or something the contestants could train for and improve. It is completely fate who wins.

I think it should be called a wet t-shirt event instead. What's the point of it being a contest if there's no chance most of the girls would have of winning?
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

If they call it "Wet T-Shirt Event", it means the people gathered there to watch will have to admit they are there to ogle boobs rather than being able to loosely pretend they are there for the sport of it all.

It's a psychological sleight of hand trick, but really they could just call it "Tit Watching Tuesday" for all the word 'contest' actually means anything.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't understand why these exist. Why not just show your boobs to everyone? Basically the same thing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Takes the contest out of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Anyway, I just hear or read "wet t-shirt contest" and the word "contest" gets me. A contest is people competing for something and being judged based on their performance. How do you judge this? The first thing that I can think of is that the person who's t-shirt is the wettest wins. That in itself seems like a pretty dumb thing to win. Then I think it is probably the girl with the biggest or more desirable boobs, in which case it has nothing to do with talent or something the contestants could train for and improve. It is completely fate who wins.
    I think I can clear this up for you...

The audience always wins.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I don't understand why these exist. Why not just show your boobs to everyone? Basically the same thing.
    I am intrigued by your ideas and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I actually kind of feel the same way. I was just saying the other day. I don't mind women parading themselves around, but I don't like the competition. I think they should all be appreciated without one being a winner... I don't like pageants for this reason either.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

guys... it's AMERICAN
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

What Funkadelic is trying to say is he would like to be the first to sign up for my wet boxer shorts event. He's not afraid of a little ice cold water.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That's like sitting at home and eating out of an ice cream carton instead of going out to an ice cream parlor and having a sundae!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari