User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Happy/sad people

I don't like the label myself but is it possible that some people just aren't wired to be happy?

How many people who were sad throughout their lives have had epiphanies that made them become generally happy?

Bonus questions : how can I know if I'm chronically depressed?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I find myself perpetually sad. Not necessarily about certain things, just an overwhelming sense of sadness/disappointment.

The only thing that has kept me from letting it consume me or even dwelling on it for that matter is to keep myself ridiculously busy. That tends to give me the illusion that I'm happy, to others and myself.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I find myself perpetually sad. Not necessarily about certain things, just an overwhelming sense of sadness/disappointment.

The only thing that has kept me from letting it consume me or even dwelling on it for that matter is to keep myself ridiculously busy. That tends to give me the illusion that I'm happy, to others and myself.
    I've heard another ENTJ saying something akin to this. Perpetual emptiness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I like to be mellow.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I've heard another ENTJ saying something akin to this. Perpetual emptiness.
    That is a perfect way to put it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sad...

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I don't like the label myself but is it possible that some people just aren't wired to be happy?

How many people who were sad throughout their lives have had epiphanies that made them become generally happy?

Bonus questions : how can I know if I'm chronically depressed?
    Happiness is chemicals inside your brain. Some people may be "wired" to be less happy if they're not releasing enough of certain chemicals, or have less receptors in their brain for those chemicals. Because of that, I doubt it's possible to just "have an epiphany" and suddenly be a happy person.

There are four main neurochemicals that affect mood. They are: Serotonin, Epinephrine, Dopamine, and Endorphin.

Research how to 'boost' levels of these chemicals. Especially serotonin. Things you wouldn't expect - such as a low carbohydrate diet - can deplete serotonin. Exercise actually can stimulate all 4 of these chemicals. Exercise elevates serotonin. More intense workouts elevate can stimulate 'bursts' of epinephrine. Long duration workouts = more dopamine. All exercise releases endorphins, because endorphins help your body cope with physical pain.

Seriously, there are more things... Like even the foods that you eat. Look into it if you seriously want to boost your mood.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Unhappy Black

It's more that I am part of a story and happiness and sadness are the soundtrack.

So sometimes the story leads to sadness and sometimes to happiness.

It seems obvious to me that those who focus on sadness or happiness rather than the story are deracinated.

But if everyone around you is deracinated or if your Constitution mandates the pursuit of happiness, deracination becomes invisible.

Or worse, deracination is valorised into individual freedom.

Henry Ford said that history is bunk, and so lost the thread of the story.

And Henry also said that you can have any colour (of car) you like as long as it is black.

So Henry Ford and Taylorism have alienated us from our own story and left us with the saddest colour of all - black.

And thanks to Henry and Taylor the largest presenting symptom at surgeries is depression - black depression.

You can have any colour you like, as long as it is black.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Most of the times I'm really happy and I'm rarely down. If I experience negative emtions, then it's usually anger of fear, never sadness.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Red face

It has come to my attention that I have one huge problem - my bad memory prevents me from valuing the good experiences that I've had in the past. So I relativize subjectify my life's aggregate happiness extremely.

I can now understand a little better why people keep photo albums - something I never valued ("I was there, I don't need a reminder"). Taking pictures only in happy moments of one's life feels contrived though.

Patches : I've delved into that extensively, a couple of years ago. I have incorporated some of it into my life, but it's a constant exercise in method. I'm an ENFP so I must find a better way to do so.

I've also noticed I've become much moodier in the last couple of years. I used to be like a rock. A rock of boredom and jadedness sometimes, but it prevented me from experiencing extreme lows in my life. I'm currently experiencing a big high after being extremely low just a couple of days ago. As an 8 I hate the idea I can't control my life or my moods.