First 81617181920 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Actually, I'm going to try and guide some people through the meditation in vent. If you're intersted, come in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Turbulent, but nice. How did the Vent meditation go? I don't have an account for Vent yet.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I stopped at approximately 13 minutes. I started shaking irritably so I rest myself down and stopped.
    I had done a form of visual mediation similar to what I did last time where I have to become at one with my surroundings. Again, I did the standing meditation to allow easier flow of the surrounding energy and my own to move in and out of my body. As for why I started shaking irritably I'm not fully sure. Something in my body finds it difficult to create peaceful harmony between the inner and outer worlds.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I stopped at approximately 13 minutes. I started shaking irritably so I rest myself down and stopped.
    I had done a form of visual mediation similar to what I did last time where I have to become at one with my surroundings. Again, I did the standing meditation to allow easier flow of the surrounding energy and my own to move in and out of my body. As for why I started shaking irritably I'm not fully sure. Something in my body finds it difficult to create peaceful harmony between the inner and outer worlds.
    It's good to have a teacher to guide you through stuff like this. One reason is that meditators often experience violent shaking and all sorts of pains and aches as they let go of tension in their body (which has psychological impact, since the body and mind are connected).

Out of curiosity, is it a Tibetan visualization you're doing?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was in guided meditation in vent for about five or ten minutes, until I opened my eyes and saw that the OP of this very thread had written some argumentative things in a thread, including the statement "you're all wrong."

Yeah, good times.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The guided meditation was good, I enjoyed it. I found the laying down position really helped in terms of comfort and allowed me to breathe really, really well. The upright position I was always a bit too tense and fidgety, I think.

With less of my mind focused on body tension I was able to follow the breathing and air through my body a lot better and afterwards I just felt really, really good.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It's good to have a teacher to guide you through stuff like this. One reason is that meditators often experience violent shaking and all sorts of pains and aches as they let go of tension in their body (which has psychological impact, since the body and mind are connected).

Out of curiosity, is it a Tibetan visualization you're doing?
    I wouldn't say Tibetan. The meditation I use is very much similar to Tai Chi meditation. Different body movements and visualisations to guide the body through the spiritual experience. The goal is to become at one with the surroundings and if done correctly one will feel 'enlightened'. Getting there can be difficult and may take a lot of practice. Then there will be the length of how long one will keep it that must take more practice also.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ^Most beneficial tips from SecondBest and Strawberries, once again!!!

It's nice to have access to people who have studied meditation, and also implemented it.

I can't thank you enough for shortening my learning curve.
    I have no time to read anything that is not mission critical at this point.

-Halla
    And who talk about it publicly helps too...

I used to talk about such things publicly, but for the most part I don't seem to find many people nowadays whom I think would take such conversation well. As Jaggi Vasudev has said "Some things are too fantastical to talk about" along with "there is no point in talking about experiences that lie outside of your current level of awareness. You will not directly understand them, and regardless of whether one believes such tales or not, it is only a belief" Anyways...

Fwiw, I've been impressed with SB's directions and discussion.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

BUMP!

@gromit told me this was a thing. Anyone want to try this out one more time? Four years later?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    BUMP!

@gromit told me this was a thing. Anyone want to try this out one more time? Four years later?
    I would do it. Every time I have meditaed has been a pretty good experience.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.