Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    30mins - looks like i didn't eff with your flow. i should start charging $.
    Pay you money to NOT eff with my flow? Ha! I always knew you were a mobster, strawberries.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I woke up at 6:00 AM this morning, my back was kinked out.

So, I got out of bed and did a backward arching roll on the arm of my large leather sofa to perform a "do it yourself" chiropractic adjustment.

No one else was awake. So I retreated into my den and set up my meditation session.

30 minutes, perfect, no distractions. I felt a hug amount of inner flow going on today, more than I have before, and my mind was totally blank, all I knew of was my breathing, it was bad ass.

Then, as the wise SecondBest recommended a while back, when I was done, I laid back on the floor and released the soles of my feet from one and other, and rested my arms on the floor palms up. All the inner energy I described above quickly began to exit. It felt like a breeze coming off my feet and off the palms of my hands. It was AWESOME.

Then I popped out my back by rotating my legs over my torso on the floor, got up, cooked a whole package of bacon, a spinach+red pepper+mushroom+5 cheese omelet, some regular eggs for the kids, a pot of coffee, and a some toast with jelly, and as the family woke up "Halla's Diner" was open for business.

The looks I got from the kids:

The look I got from Mrs. Halla:

Then I told her I was up meditating before I cooked and:

Life is good! I hope everyone has a great day!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

^^ Halla, I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that it's helping you.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'll do it later today. Dropped the ball last week because I was away and yesterday...don't know what I was doing.

I'll need it today. Need to counteract the hypertension effects of watching the Giants.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Restless is okay. You just have to know how to work with it. Most people, myself included, start meditation with restlessness.

Try sitting up, even if you're tired, or even rubbing your eyes. If your mind is everywhere, be aware and don't fight with it. If you fight with your mind, you lose, because it's the mind fighting with itself. Try to watch all the chaos and distraction and physical pain you feel from a distance. The calm will set in on its own.

synapse, what's the GMT - PST relationship? Are you 2 or 3 hours ahead of
    Cali?
    Just noticed this, like totally late or what.

A few weeks ago I was exhausted beyond_belief so that didn't help. I missed this time around, am distracted somewhat so that's okay. Next time. I can go for an hour don't worry, but its when I'm away from the instructor led sessions that get me. I just don't seem to want to meditate at home. I bet its the location of the flat, geomorphic stress no doubt. I asked and this dude zoned into my flat and said that there are some electrical and drainage issues, if I was a bit higher the flat next to me would be sending out disruptive digital radiation. yay, just like feng shui. I have to get out of this flat, I feel good when I'm out and uncomfortable when not, the energy feels off, I absorb stuff like a sponge I swear. Waits till I get my shiny blue crystal, might help. Ever since a few sundays ago I've been much more energised and clearer just need to focus more and who knows I'll figure out the time zone stuff eventually. I know meditating 10 mins or more a day is really good for stress, pfft but do I listen, I'll learn in my own time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I had a really good mediation practice today. I was really really struggling at first, and kind of gave up to read a little instead. I started reading Wherever You Go There You Are and it really gave me some insight. All this time I've been trying to force myself to relax, let go, be still, clear my mind.I had some time of thing I was expecting also, like that I'd feel relaxed or free etc. This time I just focused on being in the moment. I didn't deny what was happening in my mind or body, but instead I acknowledged it. I was present and aware, and before I knew it something happened... Once I stopped trying to force something to happen it did.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How's about tonight?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Tonight is good.

figsfiggyfigs

WOOOT! I did it tonight!!!

It was weird, hot, creepy, and fantastic!!!

figsfiggyfigs

WOOOT! I did it tonight!!!

It was weird, hot, creepy, and fantastic!!!