User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So bummed! Apparently the universe or whatever doesn't want me to participate... I even planned ahead so I could do this ( I hate planning) and one minute in I had to stop. Very disappointed I hope everyone else had a better experience...
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I sat and my mind was racing as usual. I started thinking about what JJJ said about having a song stuck in his head and not knowing what to do and decided "I'm not gonna fight it anymore." I started just observing it, and this changed the tone of things and improved concentration a bit.

The rest of my meditation was the usual struggle to be present and not get seduced by my mind. It occurred to me that I wasn't really sure what to do either, and I thought about this for a minute.

I focused on my breath for a while it was good. But I still wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Occasionally strong feelings came up (felt in the chest, and related to my need to answer this question, for sure) and I listened and let the pain come out and soften.

By the end of my meditation, I found a compromise. I would be present and let my breath be felt as it is without any pressing, hidden agenda. When thoughts came, I would make peace with them and bring my attention back to my breathing, but when big strong feeling would surface, I would pay attention to those. It occurred to me that this is what "skillful means" is about, which is something Jack Kornfield talks about: knowing how to deal with "interruptions" to your concentration without creating further turbulence.

All in all, educational. It's also cool to know that you guys are meditating with me around the world. I think about it for a few seconds and it seems meaningful. Thank you all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    So bummed! Apparently the universe or whatever doesn't want me to participate... I even planned ahead so I could do this ( I hate planning) and one minute in I had to stop. Very disappointed I hope everyone else had a better experience...
    Don't worry, we'll have other opportunities. I plan to create a schedule with some times so other people can participate too.

Why'd you stop?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I had to stop. I'm home with my child. My back-up made a foolish mistake which then caused me to be needed. Really just a frustrating situation that I will try and learn from...

I'm really excited about participating and learning more in the future though...
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I went to my happy place.
    And they wouldn't let me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Don't worry, we'll have other opportunities. I plan to create a schedule with some times so other people can participate too.

yes that would be nice, i even posted a pic of time zones, lets get this thing sorted someone (not me) please.... has to be after 10.30pm gmt for me which is pacific after 5pm i think...anyway, i'll leave it to the universe
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I was too tired. I sat in a chair for 10 minutes then I had the bright idea to meditate in bed. Too distracted, I heard my neighbours and the traffic noise for 20mintues and focused on some of you meditating about stuff unsure what though. Alas I fell asleep, actually it didn't feel like I was sleeping, I was too restless from the work. I'm usually unsure what to focus on unless I'm told to be put into a trance state which is why I go to groups rather than meditating at home, but its getting better so who knows.

This was a fun experiment nonetheless.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm meditating at 9 AM PST tomorrow AM.
    I just got back from a trip out of town, and missed today's session.
    I want to start my stay here at home on a new leaf, hence the meditation.

What's the goal for length of duration?

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just announcing my personal plans based on my discussions with That'sWhatHeSaid.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    I was too tired. I sat in a chair for 10 minutes then I had the bright idea to meditate in bed. Too distracted, I heard my neighbours and the traffic noise for 20mintues and focused on some of you meditating about stuff unsure what though. Alas I fell asleep, actually it didn't feel like I was sleeping, I was too restless from the work. I'm usually unsure what to focus on unless I'm told to be put into a trance state which is why I go to groups rather than meditating at home, but its getting better so who knows.

This was a fun experiment nonetheless.
    Restless is okay. You just have to know how to work with it. Most people, myself included, start meditation with restlessness.

Try sitting up, even if you're tired, or even rubbing your eyes. If your mind is everywhere, be aware and don't fight with it. If you fight with your mind, you lose, because it's the mind fighting with itself. Try to watch all the chaos and distraction and physical pain you feel from a distance. The calm will set in on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm meditating at 9 AM PST tomorrow AM.
    I just got back from a trip out of town, and missed today's session.
    I want to start my stay here at home on a new leaf, hence the meditation.

What's the goal for length of duration?

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just announcing my personal plans based on my discussions with That'sWhatHeSaid.
    Goal is 20 minutes. If you want to start with 10, no problem. Eventually, we should go up to 30.

I think we should schedule another session for Saturday.

synapse, what's the GMT - PST relationship? Are you 2 or 3 hours ahead of Cali?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Goal is 20 minutes. If you want to start with 10, no problem. Eventually, we should go up to 30.
    Got it, thanks for the clarification. I'm going to go for half an hour.
    Let's see what happens.

I think we should schedule another session for Saturday.
    I'm in.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro