123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default You forum peoplez!

How did you end up joining forums in general, not particularly this one...

Because I know that you have more than one account.

Any reason? Parents didn't love you enough? Can't socialize with real people? Got bored and started googling things? Felt like everyone should know your opinion on something?

Do tell.

Isn't it apparent? World domination!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    How did you end up joining forums in general, not particularly this one...

Any reason? Parents didn't love you enough? Can't socialize with real people? Got bored and started googling things? Felt like everyone should know your opinion on something?

Do tell.
    mostly this

i spent a lot of time chatting with people on the internet starting around age 8...i did a lot of imaginary roleplaying (not like THAT :alttongue) and text-based gaming with others because that's how i played: with my imagination. but no one in the "real world" really wanted to play that way with me, so i sought out other places for me to go and i ended up finding chatrooms.

i eventually found a core group of friends and we stuck to chatrooms until the era of AOL ended. once we moved on, one of my older friends bought a webpage for her blog and a vBulletin community to go with it, hoping it would attract more readers; and it worked. it prospered for quite a few years but like all good things it ended when my friend moved on to something else, but by that time we knew there were others so we all ended up moving on to SomethingAwful forums and other various forum communities depending on our interests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP

You first.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    mostly this

i spent a lot of time chatting with people on the internet starting around age 8...i did a lot of imaginary roleplaying (not like THAT :alttongue) and text-based gaming with others because that's how i played: with my imagination. but no one in the "real world" really wanted to play that way with me, so i sought out other places for me to go and i ended up finding chatrooms.
    Me too
    when I was about 11 or 12 I started hanging around harry potter forums a lot. a lot. lol
    I'm not as active on forums and stuff like that now but I still spend plenty of time on the computer. Mostly on tumblr and reading random crap. Somehow in the past few years I became anti-social on the internet too. haha thats a bad sign, when you have trouble making friends in real life AND on the internet lol

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Boredom mosty. Got interested in mbti too. But mostly due to lack of stimulation in real life. That's not the reason I'm still here, though.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I have accounts at four forums.
    I am an administrator at two of them.

Each forum I have joined, I have done so out of interest in a particular topic that I wanted to learn more about.

This forum is not only a great reference for me, but I truly enjoy the myriad of things discussed by the super awesome members. So, I'm on this site more than any of the others I belong to.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Each forum I have joined, I have done so out of interest in a particular topic that I wanted to learn more about.
    This applies to me as well.

However, this forum was and still is the first and only forum I've extensively invested myself into consistently for such a (relatively) long time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    This applies to me as well.
    Which is why we joined the Ultimate_Baking_Skillz forum and proceeded to dominate the world of high calorie, low nutrition delicacies.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I don't, actually. I started back on the last millennium on a cool and cozy forum, which eventually died some five years later. I didn't find a good substitute for that place, since how do you replace something like that, cruel of you to even think about it! So, I was mostly offline for some time, until my memories of that place had faded.

Then I stumbled here. This place actually is most of my online action. The second is gmail, and then there's the place I upload my art. And that's it... I'm not really that much of an internet person anymore, I guess...